Author Topic: Haylings Family  (Read 14180 times)

Offline wdytya

• RootsChat Senior
  • wdytya
    • View Profile
Haylings Family
« on: Wednesday 19 March 08 16:36 GMT (UK) »
I have come across a family tree for the Haylings family dated 1986. The earliest name on the tree is a William Haylings who married a Betty Roberts on the 12 November 1778 in Oxenhall Gloucestershire.

Later dates show the name spelt Hailing.

Anyone recognise this as their family
Dewis - London
Garmonsway - London
Craze - Dunster
Francis - Hilperton
Llewellyn - Cardiff & Pembroke

Offline marshall.hailing

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Haylings Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 September 08 00:09 BST (UK) »
came across your post quite by accident today 01/09/2008 - my 50th birthday !!  Yes, this is MY family.  I have researched since 1987 and found out so much info, only to find that a professional researcher had already done the research !!  he had deposited it in in Cheltenham library and i was there doing research when one of the librarians overheard me say the name HAYLING and he said "dont move !!" then he came back with a copy of the family tree !! can you believe it !!  mind you, the professional had missed MY line of the family off the tree completely !!  i had more than he had in some areas and he had more than me in other areas, so i pieced them together and have a fuller picture.  mind you im not saying its complete as there are still several lines yet to be researched, from the top of the tree downwards.  my name is spelt HAILING but there have been several different spellings over the generations.  I would be happy to hear what you have found.  regards Marshall Hailing, Birmingham.  Email address available if u wannit.  please reply.
Hayling(s)
Hailing(s)
and any other close variants

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 September 08 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Marshall

Welcome to Rootschat!

And Happy Birthday!  :D

I guess you can consider this a little present then?  I hope you find more new information when comparing notes - serendipity!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline wdytya

• RootsChat Senior
  • wdytya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hello

I had nearly forgotten I had posted this message. I found this tree when sorting out family papers. I have no idea why this tree should have any relevance to my family. I am not sure as to where I have filed this paperwork so will have to look through several boxes in the loft. Will get back to you via your e mail address if you can post it.

Regards

Jon
Dewis - London
Garmonsway - London
Craze - Dunster
Francis - Hilperton

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Jon

Marshall will have to post a couple more times on Rootschat before the PM system becomes available to him.  He is welcome to post a few more times here til he qualifies though!

Hi Marshall

Just to point out that we don't post email addresses on the boards on Rootschat, so you'll need to do as advised above.  This is to prevent spammers who think its funny to PM people!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline marshall.hailing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 September 08 00:13 BST (UK) »
thanks for your advice and guidance.  appreciated.
Marshall
Hayling(s)
Hailing(s)

Offline wdytya

• RootsChat Senior
  • wdytya
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 September 08 09:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Marshall

At last I have found the Haylings family tree. It looks as if it was produced on the 11th October 1986 and is a printed document. I am thinking this could be the same document that was deposited in the Cheltenham Library?Are you in a position to PM me  and then I can give you my e mail address. Fialing that are you on Genes Reunited?

Dewis - London
Garmonsway - London
Craze - Dunster
Francis - Hilperton

Offline marshall.hailing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 September 08 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jon.  Paperwork received in the post yesterday and it is indeed part of my family tree.  It was originally prepared by a professional genealogist for his wife, who was a HAYLING.  It looks as if it is a working document as it lacks some of the detail given in the 9 years later version i found deposited in either Cheltenham or Gloucester library.  You can tell it was prepared by the same person.  And they both have certain family lines missing - including the line that leads to ME !!  Many thanks for posting your original message and maybe one day soon you will be in the library and accidentally find MY version of the HAILING / HAYLING family tree.  let's hope I get it right.  Good luck with your own research.  Best regards.  Marshall Hailing
Hayling(s)
Hailing(s)

Offline carmelp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 28 December 08 00:22 GMT (UK) »
hello there !! this is rather random, my grandmother was a dorothy joyce hampton  born  dec 25 1925 and her mother was a dorothy lilly hailing born 1902 !! from cheltenham .... would u be kind enough to help me ???? :)many thanks carmel