Author Topic: Need Death Cert for Christopher Peat, Durham  (Read 3672 times)

Offline axus

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Need Death Cert for Christopher Peat, Durham
« on: Saturday 03 April 04 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi.  Can anyone help me please, I have been going round in circles for months.
I am trying to get a Death certificate for a Christopher Peat.
This is what I believe to be correct about him:-
Born about 1890 in Kelloe, County Durham,  was a miner at Kelloe pit.
He died about 1964.  Married a Florence Pearson about 1921 in Central District, Durham County..  Believe he had lived at 39 Morley Crescent, Kelloe.  Had a Daughter called  Mary Helen Peat.
Any and all help will be gratefully received.
Keith

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:Need Death Cert for Christopher Peat, Durham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 April 04 20:41 BST (UK) »
Dear Keith,

The only way to find a death certificate for Christopher Peat is to check the St Catherines Index which is held at your at your local family research centre.

The years are divided by quarters but cover all counties, once you have found him in the index there is a reference number that then can be used to obtain your death certificate.

If you are interested in Kelloe pit there is some information on this website. It is worth noting that there were at least 2 Peat men who were killed in mining dissasters in the late 1800's

Durham Mining
www.dmm.org.uk

Also having a quick look at the 1881 Census there seemed to be only one family leaving in Kelloe at the time.

Have you found Christopher in the 1901 Census ??

RootsChat ;D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster