Author Topic: "MISSING" Cornelius George Lawrence.....UPDATED and none the wiser  (Read 21426 times)

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: "MISSING" Cornelius George Lawrence.....UPDATED and none the wiser
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 15 February 06 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi ya Tiffy,

I've not had the money this month to get hs 2nd marraige certificate, so none the wiser if his dad is unknown (blank on Birth Cert) or William (stated on 1st Marraige Cert).

If i get the money to order his cert i'll definately let you know, im definately going to get it, cant wait to see what it says for Father on this Cert !!!!

CAZ
DEVON : Gillard,Horn,Powlesland,Cooper,Crocker,Mallett,Branch
GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Hanks,Pratt,Bowen,Hall,Compton,Lawrence,Morris,Williams, Izard,Dancey,Derrett
WORCESTERSHIRE : James, Wheatcroft

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Morning Tiffy,

Just to let you know that i have ordered the marraige cert for Cornelius George Lawrence & Eliza Pearce (his 2nd marraige).
Despatch date is 3rd March.

I'll let you know the outcome of his Father/No Father on this cert.  ???

CAZ
GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Hanks,Pratt,Bowen,Hall,Compton,Lawrence,Morris,Williams, Izard,Dancey,Derrett

Offline Tiffy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Look forward to hearing. 

Will try to come up with a "cunning plan" to endear him to your enthusiasm of the Search!!

xxLynne
Cawley(sidmouth)Capon(mile end) Forty(gloucester/london)Lewis(wherwell/leatherhead)Walstow(nottingham/plumstead/woolwich

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 08 March 06 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Morning Lynne,

just to let you know that im still waiting for the Marraige cert to turn up.
I keep standing in the front window watching for the postie, trying to see if he has a nice large white envelope coming my way......but NO, not yet.
It'd had better shed some light as to who his father could be after this long wait, just my luck its going to have a different fathers name to whats on his 1st marraige cert or blank like his birth cert... :o

CAZ

Offline Tiffy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 08 March 06 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Morning Caz, cor the trouble I had trying to get your message to come up, me pc went all wonky on me.  Poor you, your gonna have to buy some of those support tights soon to stop the varicose veins.  Nice to hear from you again, 'cos would still like to find out about Cornelius.  Do you know, having been involved on Genes Reunited and helping out peeps, they did narf like to have kids out of wedlock in those days.  They way they go on about single parents these days, you'd think we had invented it.  Ooooooh, those naughty victorians!!!!

xxTiffyLynne
Cawley(sidmouth)Capon(mile end) Forty(gloucester/london)Lewis(wherwell/leatherhead)Walstow(nottingham/plumstead/woolwich

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 08 March 06 10:57 GMT (UK) »
You wana see how many female rellies i have in my tree having kids out of wedlock, 1 woman had 2 and sent them to Barnardos kids home, 1 of the boys was then sent to Australia, he's still alive today.
I've laughed at how people go on about women today having kids before marraige, i often wonder if they've researched their family tree before......they might be in for a shock....ha ha ha

I'll let you know the outcome of George's Marraige Cert when/if it arrives.

CAZ

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 10 March 06 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Morning Lynne

Well i got the 2nd Marraige cert this morning for George Cornelius Lawrence and the worst thing that i could think off has happened................he has a different name for his Father on this cert !!!!!!!!!!!
On this certificate his fathers name is "George Lawrence" Deceased....Occupation : Miller.

SO...on his Birth cert there is no Father mentioned.

On his 1st Marraige cert his Father is William Lawrence...Occupation : Labourer.

On his 2nd Marraige cert his Father is George Lawrence...Occupation : Miller.

I think i'll go along with what Valda said somewhere in this thread.....he did'nt know his Father and he just mentioned any name for the Marraiges to save face of not knowing who his father was... :-[

Unless i can find a William George...OR...George William Lawrence........but i think its unlikely.

CAZ   :'(

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 10 March 06 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caz!

Still reading the thread!!

Do the other details on this new cert match what you were expecting?  And are the witnesses folk that you can identify?

If yes to all the above, then i think a bit of imagination was being used!!

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 10 March 06 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Morning Arranroots

The only details that are on this 2nd Marraige Cert that i was expecting are the names of the married couple...ha ha ha
I was hoping in a way that the Father for Cornelius was left blank....like his Birth cert !! instead it gives a different fathers name on this marraige cert to Cornelius' 1st Marraige cert.
As for the Witnesses, i have no idea who they are : Charles Cooke & Alice Cooke, i dont have those names in my tree.

Cornelius & Eliza married on 13/9/1899 at the Register Office in Cheltenham, Glos.

So this Marraige cert has'nt helped me at all in finding who Cornelius' father was, just baffled me even more.

CAZ