Author Topic: 1810 Monkwearmouth baptism: Thomas BELL  (Read 668 times)

Offline stephenaedwards

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1810 Monkwearmouth baptism: Thomas BELL
« on: Tuesday 25 March 08 07:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

The IGI shows Thomas BELL as being born on 02 Aug 1810 in Monkwearmouth to parents John and Elizabeth.
I am trying to find his baptism record and the associated information in the register.
I checked the Familysearch Labs BTs but there is a gap July and October 1810.

If possible, I would also like the same information for some of his siblings. These also took place in periods that the BTs do not cover.
Elizabeth Bell (born 02 Mar 1805)
John Bell (born 31 Jan 1807)
William Wealands Bell (baptised in 1809 at Dundas Street Independent, Monkwearmouth Shore)

Many thanks.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: 1810 Monkwearmouth baptism: Thomas BELL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 March 08 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen

Don't forget that sometimes children were not baptised within a few days of birth, so you may need to trawl through the BTs a bit more.  I just found a baptism for a child 2 years after birth, and sometimes a whole family was baptised at the same time.
Have you checked durhamrecordsonline for them?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK