Author Topic: Sarah Allum - Capetown  (Read 6811 times)

Offline impala

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Allum - Capetown
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

Reference your post I belief that Sarah anne is my great grand mother she married a Richard Thomas Allum also of Welsh descend and they lived in Cape town. They had two daughters Gertrude May and Louisa Gladys, if these details seem correct then we will correspond further.

Thanks
Steven

Offline impala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 18:08 BST (UK) »
Good evening Louise

Did you possibly receive my earlier message

Steven

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 April 19 13:41 BST (UK) »
hello, my name is mary eatwell. my experience with dealing with research in South Africa has been just as difficulu. My grandfather Theodore H Eatwell came to the Pacific Northwest in 1909. He died when my father was 17 years old. As my grandfather was a quiet restrained Englishman he did not share much about his SA family. Therefor finding family down there is a problem. The only good thing is my last name. My grandfather was from a large family of 8 children, so I'm pretty sure any and maybe all are Eatwell cousins. I did find that to aquire records, I wil have to hire a professional genealogist and the rate of $20 an hour American currency. So good luck, if you find another way to do this let me know please.

I would suggest that you put this up as a stand alone post rather than attaching it to a post referring to someone else totally.  When you do so, please give all the information you have ie date of birth, name of wife, names of children etc.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods