Author Topic: Orchard Family  (Read 14135 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Orchard Family
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 29 March 08 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, not sure which baptism records you mean!  :-\

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Kerilane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 April 08 13:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry haven't been on for a while been busy.
I was thinking bout the baptism records that have already been mentioned in previous posts,
i.e  Thomas Orchard,Harriet Orchard.
Are you able to get copies of Baptism records?
If so,where would i apply to?
Thanks again.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 April 08 15:17 BST (UK) »
You would need to go to the Oxon Record Office/Archives.

I've never been, but, assuming they operate like other ROs, they will have the baptisms on fiche and should do you a photocopy - probably a nominal charge.

If you have an Archives Card, they might even let you see the original register.

If you're nowhere near Oxford, they might do copies and post them to you - again, they'll charge. You'd need to contact them to see what their terms are. I've used them before to get copies of wills, and they're very helpful.

Good luck,
Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline catndragon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 June 09 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hello, My name is Sam (maiden name Orchard), & Thomas was my great, great grandfather. My dads cousin did our family tree & sent me a copy.
I have Harriet Orchards parents as John (James) Orchard, shoemaker (gypsy of all trades perhaps?) & Hannah.
Gideon married 20 Dec 1884(? type is very small & hard to read, sorry) in The Parish Church of Brightwell Oxon. Occupation, Tinker

Hope that helps

Offline chrisford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 17 August 09 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've found this picture of my Great Great.... Grand Father Thomas Orchard.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2421/3778146428_093d924c86.jpg (seated in the centre)

I wanted to do if anybody who has him in their gedcom files could share them with me. You can view mine at http://www.chrisfordblog.com/2009/06/family-tree/ and leave me a message there or here if you'd like to get in touch.

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 01 November 10 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi there i came across this thread whilst researching my ggg Grandma ive posted on Oxford forum and thanks to a very helpful Rootschatter i have the following info from Baptism records-(my ggg gran!) Sarah Archard born 10/4/1810 in fifield Oxfordshire daughter of James and Hannah Archard also her sister Ann Archer 6/3/1814. Both James and Hannah listed as not from county,i have found that the Orchards used the surnames Archards,Archer and Archet.When Sarah married My ggg Grandpa William Clarke who was a Romany she used the surname Archer.I see from the thread that these Orchard/Archards were traveller which would tie in,am i right in thinking that my ggg Grandmas Fathers parents were Charles and Mary Orchard whos son james was born 1788 old sodbury Gloucs? Another tie in could be like i say at Sarahs baptism James listed as not from county?

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 06 November 23 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Any of this family link up with anyone on this thread?