Author Topic: Royal Naval Reserve  (Read 549 times)

Offline Marian Brown

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Naval Reserve
« on: Thursday 27 March 08 15:07 GMT (UK) »
I would like some help in finding my father's service record from 1914 to 1918.  He was in the Royal Naval Reserve throughout WW1 but I have no service number or medals that would help me.

Offline Salty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Naval Reserve
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 March 08 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Can I suggest that you post what details you know of your father on here, ie; full name, place and date of birth.
Then with luck, help might be at hand.

Salty
KENT-CANTERBURY & DEAL areas.  Brient-Hitchcock-Reynolds-Pittock;O'Neill-Ireland-Whitman-Harvey-Martin-Norris
ESSEX-DEDHAM- Hitchcock
HANTS-BASINGSTOKE, PRESTON CANDOVER & surrounding areas, Mills-Whitman-Marshall-Whitear-Hall-Patience-Burke-Bulpit-Wise-Marlow-Page - Pragnell.
SOMERSET-FROME area, Marshall. Dredge.
WILTSHIRE-HORNINGSHAM area-Marshall
ABERDEEN-Middleton-Milne-Cruickshank-Stevenson-Ogg

Offline Marian Brown

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Naval Reserve
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 March 08 10:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you to Salty for such a quick reply - sorry for the delay in replying to your suggestion.

My fathers name was Charles James Davies born 1885 in Scotland died 1947 in Hull Yorkshire.
He served in the Royal Naval Reserve from 1914 to 1918 and iIhave evidence (a son's birth and death certificates) that he was stationed in Weymouth in Dorset for at least six months during that time.  He also mentioned being in Russian waters several times.

He served throughtout the Second World War in the Cival Defence.

I would be grateful for any help as to how to obtain his service record without the aid of any service number.