Author Topic: Birth Records COMPLETED  (Read 3788 times)

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
Birth Records COMPLETED
« on: Friday 28 March 08 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction? I have just been told that a relative of mine had a bit of a colorfull past, if you know what I mean. At the age of 17 she was sent to live in the Isle Of Man with an uncle Harry, the source of this information does not know if uncle Harry was a relative. No one knows why she was sent there, but I am putting two and two together and coming up with a pregnancy! Now this would of happened at about 1929/30, how would I get to check the birth records for the Isle Of Man? If anyone can help me, I would be ever so greatfull. Thanx for reading, Lynn x
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 March 08 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Have a look in this forums sister-forum for resources - but I dont think that BMDS are online anywhere.

You will also get the info you need here:-

http://www.gov.im/registries/general/civilregistry/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Records
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 March 08 17:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the help. I e-mailed someone at the site, who are going to pass on my details to Social Services. Fingers crossed!!! I will come back and let you know how I get on. Once again, thank you. Lynn
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth