Author Topic: Leonard 1861 Prestonkirk  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Leonard 1861 Prestonkirk
« on: Saturday 29 March 08 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Please has anyone got the 1861 census for Prestonkirk?
I am looking for Andrew Leonard @1844 possibly in Prestonkirk,
Gaie was kind enough to find Andrew and his wife Jessie in the 1871 census, but by then he had moved to Carmarthen Wales.
I am hoping that if he was in Prestonkirk in 1861 the census will tell me the name of his parents.
If anyone can help me I would be really grateful.

Thank you for your interest, best wishes Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Leonard 1861 Prestonkirk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 March 08 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Bethan,

Only two Leonard families show in Haddingtonshire for 1861. Lawrance and Ann, boarding with the McFenau (?) family in Haddington, and Mary Leonard with daughters Mary Ann and Margaret, also in Haddington.

hume24 :)

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 March 08 21:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot for looking Hume, as the family moved around a lot they were probably in another part of Scotland in 1861,it was very kind of you.

Best Wishes Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 March 08 17:28 BST (UK) »
I just realised that Andrew married Janet (Jessie) Williamson in Humbie in1865, so it was possible that he was living in Humbie in 1861, could someone tell me if Humbie was anywhere near Prestonkirk, and if it was not please would it be possible for someone to check the 1861 census of Humbie for me?
Sorry to be a nuisance, but I would be really grateful for some information.

Best Wishes Bethan