Author Topic: berwickshire Baptisms Thomas Collier 1803  (Read 2400 times)

Offline treebuster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
berwickshire Baptisms Thomas Collier 1803
« on: Saturday 29 March 08 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Folks!
I have hit a brickwall in my tree have a ancestor who states he was born in various parts of the north east of England on the census although one that looks promising is Berwick-upon-tweed.
His name was Thomas Collier and the I.g.i gives his year of birth has 1803 although no parents are listed...
I wonder if anyone can advise me or look up this ancestor of mine fo the parish records would like to know who his parents were!
Many thanks :)

Offline merryhow

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: berwickshire Baptisms Thomas Collier 1803
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 March 08 21:02 GMT (UK) »

Hi Treebuster,here is the only Thomas I can see in the NE of England,I even tried over the border in Berwickshire.

THOMAS COLLYER b 18th Sept 1803 ch 25th Sept 1803, United Presbyterian, Spittal, Northumberland. Father GEORGE COLLYER, Mother JANE. Extracted entry on the IGIs.

Hope this helps    Val

Offline treebuster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 March 08 21:38 GMT (UK) »
 ;) Thank you!
What was confusing was the different census that gave  him a different birth place....
Perhaps he wasn't sure himself...
Kind regards,
Treebuster

Offline xenapud

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 January 10 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi treebuster,i read your posting on thomas collier berwick he is also my ancestor,fathers side and i have searched for him i found a thomas in 1836 court records newcastle who got 12 months for manslaughter,may be him and why he hid real birthplace.he married isobel cleghorn and lived in n/castle cheers