Author Topic: WW1 Scroll of Honour  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.magnaquiestracing.co.nz
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Scroll of Honour
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 April 08 21:56 BST (UK) »
Sandra,
I must admit I shed a few tears when I first came across the scroll, then across the photo os John Garfield in uniform with his sister (my paternal grandmother). The photol if you are interested, is posted on the restoration of photos board, under John Garfield.
giraffe 

Wow ...his eyes look almost haunted and weary don't they... not very happy at all.  Lovely you have his photo though.

Regarding my former work with the 'death pennies'.... i helped with cataloguing; preventative conservation; storage and other aspects of artifacts across a wide range and got to see many amazing items.  Resigned to move to Auckland and now trying to get back into heritage again  ... it's my true calling! :-) 

One that was really quite touching to help preserve the care of was Anthony Wilding (along with his tennis medals).  Former New Zealand Wimbledon champion.

Cheers
Sarndra
www.sarndra.com
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;