Author Topic: HUGHES Llandudno  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
HUGHES Llandudno
« on: Sunday 04 April 04 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

What a fantastic website, let's hope it grows and grows.

To introduce myself, one of my lines of research is Violet Beatrice Hughes (my great grandmother) born in 1889 in Llandudno.  She was the youngest of 11 children born to Grace Robinson (born Llandudno 1847) and Richard Hughes (born Llangollen ~1838).  

The 11 children were; Mary (1868), Benjamin (1870), Grace (1872), Annie (1874), Emily (1876), Laura (1878), Lilian (1879), Florence (1880), Richard Robinson (1881), and Violet (1889).

Richard's parents are Mary Parry born in Llangollen and Robert Hughes of Selattyn in Shropshire.

Grace's father is Benjamin Robinson of Amlwch and I believe her mother is Elizabeth Jones of Llandudno but I'm not 100% sure of Elizabeth's family name.

If anyone believes they have a connection I would love to here from you.

Thanks,
Pam
 ::)

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
New connections in Llandudno COBURN & DAVIES
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 September 04 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

Thought I'd post my updated interests, it's been a while  ;D

COBURN

Robert Owen COBURN married Laura Jane HUGHES (my great great aunt) in 1899 his parents were Joseph COBURN of Stockport and Annie HUGHES of Llandudno (don't know if this is a related Hughes to my direct Hughes - probably not but when 10% of the town is called Hughes pheewwwy who can tell ???)

DAVIES

William DAVIES of Llandudno married Lilian HUGHES sometime after 1901 - not sure of exactly when.  William was a House Painter as was Joseph COBURN above, and Benjamin ROBINSON Lilian's grandfather mentioned in the previous post.

If you are connected with either of these families please get in touch - I have quite a few photos of these 2 women and children who maybe related but nobody in my family knows who is who  :(

Here's hoping,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!