Author Topic: O'Ryan Family Co Waterford  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Annetta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Ryan Family Co Waterford
« on: Tuesday 01 April 08 16:09 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find anything about my mother's family who lived in the Tramore area in the early 1900s ???
My mother's name was Helen b1913.  She moved to London in the early 30s and according to the Register of Electors, she sometimes registered to vote as Ryan and sometimes O'Ryan?
She had a brother, Thomas d 1936 and two sisters,  I believe one sister's name was Lillian but I'm not sure about the other.
All three girls went to a convent school as boarders, so has anyone got a list of Irish convent schools c1920 or can anyone put me onto a source to find this info?

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: O'Ryan Family Co Waterford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 December 08 21:51 GMT (UK) »
The Library in Tramore has gravestone inscriptions for the Catholic Church in the town, perhaps her parents were buried there? You could write to the Library and ask them to make a photocopy of the Ryans O'Ryans buried there, the Address is Tramore Library, Tramore County Waterford, Ireland.

Offline Annetta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: O'Ryan Family Co Waterford
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 December 08 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the tip.  I have e-mailed the Tramore Branch Library and they have  they responded saying they will check thier records and get back to me in the new year, :)