Author Topic: BMD Information  (Read 1378 times)

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
BMD Information
« on: Friday 04 April 08 18:55 BST (UK) »
I hope I am on the right board...  I was just looking on the free bmd site for the birth record of my great uncle born in 1909 in Bridlington District.  I was lucky to find him but now I have a puzzle also listed is a female birth with the same last name and the same page and volume number....  Does that mean they were twins??  If so this is very interesting as nobody has mentioned this child and it is possible she died as an infant. Could not see anything on the free bmd site for her probably not on there yet.. 

Thank you very much.

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BMD Information
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 April 08 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

Yes, it could quite mean that he were a twin.  Either that or two persons with the same surname (possibly relatives) registered the births of their children together.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BMD Information
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 April 08 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Casalguidi:
Thanks for the reply.. I had a feeling that they could be twins but just wanted another opinion..  I am pretty that they are twins as the middle name of the girl is my greatgrandmothers name Isabella. And there is twins in the family as well.

Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton