Author Topic: marr-lilly/kelly  (Read 3292 times)

Offline beeny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
marr-lilly/kelly
« on: Sunday 06 April 08 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi to you all,
i have a death cert.. for a mary lilly..(various spellings.) maiden name kelly.. dated 1855 there is a lot of info on this cert...were born county of fermanagh..how long in this district..ie. glasgow..23years.. her parents were sylvester kelly and mary maiden name looks like bernie, i would be grateful if someone could  help with either a census or a marr cert..to find out were in Fermanagh she or they came from..there oldest son Sylvester aged  looks like 22years.
I have a census for the son Sylvester 1861 and it says born ireland.
so any help would be gratefull.
beeny

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: marr-lilly/kelly
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 08 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Going through older posts and came across this one. By now you might have been able to find more information but if you haven't done so here're a few things to consider.

Civil registration of births, deaths and Catholic marriages in Ireland started in 1864 (from 1845 for other marriages) so before those dates no birth, death and marriage records will be available. For earlier dates to get marriage and baptismal details you need to search for church records, if they exist, but to do so you must know the family's religion and where they lived (parish if not actual townland).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Juksinkent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marr-lilly/kelly
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 13:56 BST (UK) »
I chanced across your post and (this is a long shot) wondered if you might have got any further in your research, and if you may have found a Kelly brother or son called William.  William Kelly was born near Brookeborough (Aghaveagh?), Co Fermanagh around 1808, parents unknown to me.  He joined the Army, married a girl in Dublin, and was sent to South Africa  where he remained for the rest of his 72 years.  I am his direct descendant, and am seeking his N Ireland beginnings. 
Any morsels will be gratefully accepted.