Author Topic: Teresa Halsall (nee Lockwood)  (Read 961 times)

Offline 68pages

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Teresa Halsall (nee Lockwood)
« on: Sunday 06 April 08 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find out what happened to Teresa Lockwood b 1864 in Liverpool, (father Robert Lockwood, mother Alice Eustace).  She married William Henry Halsall bor 1857, Liverpool.

They married on 2nd October 1884 in St Joseph's Chapel (Roman Catholic) Birkenhead.

At the time of their marriage he lived at 4 Birkenhead Road and she lived at 3 Birkenhead Road.

After the marriage - Teresa disappears - William is on the 1891 census back in Liverpool as a lodger and listed as married.  He remarries in 1894 to Sarah R Kelly and the marriage cert states his as a Widow.

Thanks

Victoria

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Teresa Halsall (nee Lockwood)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 April 08 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

I suspect Teresa died shortly before the 1891 census.  It wasn't completely unusual for a newly widowed person to be shown as married

Unfortunately - her death is not transcribed on either freebmd or Cheshire BMD so I'm afraid it's the long road to find it - searching the full GRO index which is available at your nearest main library.  It can also be searched online if you have an Ancestry subscription or at www.findmypast.com which is a paysite
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline 68pages

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Teresa Halsall (nee Lockwood)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 April 08 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

We "may" have found her in the USA !!  I am waiting for more information - and thank you for your help!!

Victoria