Author Topic: Turner - originating in Ruthin  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Turner - originating in Ruthin
« on: Sunday 06 April 08 17:23 BST (UK) »
I would be very interested in hearing from anyone else that is researching Turner's from Denbighshire. I have researched my direct Turner line back to the 1790's in Ruthin, but have records of Turner's in Ruthin from 1704 onwards. I do know from old court records that one of my ancestors was a Thomas Turner, innkeeper, in Ruthin in 1736. Any help would be much appreciated.
Turner - Caernarvonshire, Denbigshire, Merionethshire, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Craig - Glasgow and Co. Antrim
Evans - Merionethshire & Caernarvonshire
Williams - Caernarvonshire & Merionethshire
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Offline wizz123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Turner - originating in Ruthin
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 August 08 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,l have just started doing that side of my family tree.And have got a bit lost and hit a brick wall with a certain Edward Maldwyn Turner who wed a May Foat in 1934.
   They seemed to have had two daughters,a maureen b 1938 in llangollen Wales and a Cherry b 1943 in england.
    But like l said hit a brick wall regarding what hapened to the family during and after the war.

Kind Regards
                                             Bernie 
Archer(Lincolnshire)Foat(Lincolnshire,Kent),Thatcher(Manchester),Smith(Nottinghamshire).

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 August 08 07:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Bernie. I hope you have success in finding out what happened to them. My tree gets stuck from the 1900's to the present date. I have my direct line going back from me to the early 1700's. I have a nuber of ancestors recorded in the 1800's, it is their descendants I would like to track down. Good luck in your search and let me know how you get on. Best wishes.
Turner - Caernarvonshire, Denbigshire, Merionethshire, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 August 08 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hello I am researching the Turners too the ones I start withedward Turner 1790 m Alice Jones1794 they hadRichard Joseph Isaac thomas Edward maria Elizabeth Then my branch goes from Edward m Gwen they had Llewellyn David Maria Richard Elizabeth Mary Ann Then i go with Llewellyn m Mary Brodigan they had Thomas William Llewellyn Richard Julia Ann Elizabeth (my g/mother) maria Winifred (died a baby) They all originate Wrexham and Ruabon i think they started in Ruthin  any connextion do you think
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernadine, it is Stephen, your distant relative, we have been chatting on Genes Reunited. I have been in touch with Victoria as well.  :)
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 August 08 16:52 BST (UK) »
stephen hope you are watching the Thomas's they have found out a lot about the Turners,there must be some of the Turners on Genes Reunited they supplied information on Mark Richard Turner so there must be more of us out there,Gadget and Mr Jones have given so much help please read THOMAS,S  Im at Dunblane at my daughters but home tomorroe will email you from there  Berniex
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 August 08 07:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie, hope you are well. I haven't seen the Thomas's, where can I find that? Hope you have had a good time at your daughters. Best wishes, Stephen
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 August 08 07:53 BST (UK) »
Hiya its on the same page as this, some smashing stuff one of the Brodigans married a Thomas and she had some Turner children living with her, and what a small world Richard's daughter married a chap from Edinburgh my neck of the woods!  Have a read let me know what you think back home this afternoon and thanks I am feeling a lot better  Love Berniex

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 August 08 08:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you Bernie, I have had a look. It is very interesting. I have Richard Mark Turner married to Harriet in my tree on Genes Reunited, along with the death in France during World War 1 at some time in 1917. best wishes, Stephen
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow