Author Topic: World War 1 Record  (Read 798 times)

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
World War 1 Record
« on: Sunday 06 April 08 20:51 BST (UK) »
I don't know what I am doing wrong but every time I go to OnLine Records Document Section I put in my fathers name Ernest Mills  Army Service Corps M2/054610 WW1 but all I get is a page with info but not an Index Card like  I have seen on Roots Chat. It states 1 medal card of many for this collection. Charge listed 3.50 pounds.  I would like to see the Index CARD.  Thank you for any help you can give
Howlett, Brown, Woodroofe, Mills, Battey, Woods

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: World War 1 Record
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 April 08 20:58 BST (UK) »
Lookin
You have to use a credit card or debit card,this allows you to actually download the photocopy of the card held at the NA you can then save that and post it online.
It does cost £3.50 you get 6 cards the one with the service number you have will be yours.
Once you have the info that you already have seen , up click on go to checkout and follow the process.
There are a number of MICs been posted on Ancestry which if you subscribe can access free.Although this is an ongoing process as not all are on there yet.

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 April 08 21:03 BST (UK) »
I THINK HES ON ANCESTRY DONT PURCHASE IT YET!! ;)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 April 08 21:09 BST (UK) »
Lookin
Have you ancestry access??
If not PM me your email ill send you a copy of the JPeg.
Basically he was awarded the 15 Star,British War Medal and Victory Medal.He deployed to France 17/4/15 and was demobbed to class Z reserve 25/6/19

You have his number the other stuff on there link the MIC to the actual Rolls at the NA page numbers.
 :)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 April 08 21:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your speedy reply.  I knew about his three medals but was hoping it might mention the oak leaf he had on a ribbon and I am not sure as the pic. is so blurry where on the ribbon it is located. Awaiting more from my son, who is so busy, who has the original ribbon. Thank you once again

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 April 08 12:58 BST (UK) »
I would like copy of Roll Medal Index Card but how do I do that without posting e-mail address here?  Thank you