Author Topic: Victor Young b 1882  (Read 1120 times)

Offline eise

• RootsChat Member
  • Jessie and Margaret Bird -my grandparents 1909
    • View Profile
Victor Young b 1882
« on: Tuesday 08 April 08 20:50 BST (UK) »
Victor young was my great uncle.  Brother to my grandmother.  Victor was born in Swadlingcote in Derbyshire we have the records;  He was also born into a travelling theatre family.  After his mother died in Chesterfield at the age of 39 he left the troupe with his father.  Where they went we do not know but he ended up in Nantwhich Cheshire where he married, settled had a family and died.  We have notmuch knowledge of his life there and are searching to see if there are more Youngs in that area. WE know he had a daughter Beatrice who married someone called George, possibly Smith but this is supposition. I would like to know if anyone can tell me anything about his life after 1901; local census maybe or parish records; His wife was someone called Emily Gertrude Seddon from somewhere like Wilaston in Cheshire. 
Eise
Burton Latimer; Isham; Rushden; Raunds; Great Addington;
Cheshire; Northants; Bedfordshire; Hereford;

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Victor Young b 1882
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 April 08 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Eise,

Some of this information was already provided in a previous thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,259570.msg1456897.html#msg1456897

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline eise

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 16:07 BST (UK) »
hi there,

Yes i am sorry i did do a search on him previously. but i now have more info and am looking for his daughter Beatrice's family; put it down to a senior moment.  I now know Vitof had at least three children; Harold victor, bernard, and Beatrice M;
Beatty marred someone called george and they had two children a boy and girl. 
Bernard is still a mystery although we know he was a witness to my uncle and aunt when they married in 1938;
Harold victor is a complete enigma;  So anything please

Eise

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 22:09 BST (UK) »
No problem Eise,

Harold Victor born Dec Q 1907 Nantwich 8a 312

But to find descendants of the families you are looking for is more difficult.  First you need to find their marriages and the only index that is up to the dates you are looking at is www.cheshirebmd.org.uk - and it is not complete for those dates.

Ancestry have images of the index but by subscription - you would need to go through each quarter for the surnames you are looking at.  Beatrice married in 1937 so you would have to look at each quarter from 1937 onwards looking for births with Williams surname and maiden name Young.  And then you would need to look for possible marriages for the siblings quarter by quarter and then follow up with births looking for the right mother's maiden name - not easy.

More and more information is becoming available online but until it is searches past 1901 are very difficult and time consuming (but not impossible!  :).

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline eise

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 April 08 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jean,

i feel such a dope.  how i came to forget has to be down to the many branches i am searching at present.  I still am not sure whether Beatrice married George Smith i am however certain he wa george.  Thanks for your help and i will contiue to try and recoup those lost messages which are proving very elusive   Eise

Offline eise

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 April 08 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jean,

I have dsicovered today that beatrice married in 1947  The only george i can find marrying a Beatrice on the search shows up as George W Kendrick - Is there any way you can tell me if kendrick is the man i am looking for as beatrice's husband.;  I will be sending this request to cheshire informaiton site;
eise