Author Topic: Ann Stark Greig.  (Read 3713 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Stark Greig.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 April 08 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Ev

I think you are right to consider David and Ann Stark as parents to William. Janet Mortimer looks to have been born in 1802 in Dundee (Parents Samuel Mortimer and Barbara Cathro if I am looking at the right entry). With their son William born in 1804 would be in the age range to fit for husband to Janet Mortimer.

Ericabrenda, just being curious, was an occupation given for William Grieg on his sons' marriage certificates?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ericabrenda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 April 08 02:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again everyone,
Thank you for all the info. I had not considered Ann Stark and David Greig to be parents of William  as I didn't know of their existence. I must stop working late at night when my brain doesn't function. It does make sense. Why would one give their daughter a middle name of Stark if it didn't have some relevance. As you also point out,  the age is right also.
Thanks also for all that info on the Greigs at Crolls Land.
Yesterday I thought I had it all rapped up, and now I have a completely different picture. That's great, thanks again.
ericabrenda.

Offline ericabrenda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 April 08 02:26 BST (UK) »
Ev,
Forgot to mention. Williams occupation on his marriage certificate was sailor, but on his childrens birth certificates it has, fisherman and ships master. The fact that David Greig was also a Ships master indicates that William followed in his fathers footsteps.

Thanks again,
ericabrena