Author Topic: Arthur and Mary Doherty from Green Castle  (Read 13883 times)

Offline rossee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur and Mary Doherty from Green Castle
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 May 08 17:45 BST (UK) »
I was certain this was your folks. Have you proof they were from Greencastle.The Arthur and Mary that i found were married on 24 April 1853 in Bocan Church Culdaff. They were on the same page on the register as my husbands g/g/parents wedding details.

Agnes

Offline Bobby Conlon

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Arthur and Mary Doherty from Green Castle
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 03:33 BST (UK) »
Agnes, I don't have absolute proof, but I have heard it was Green Castle. I want it to be so I could move n in the research of these two. My doubt comes when the father dies in 1872 according to your records and my gggrandmother is born in 1876.

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur and Mary Doherty from Green Castle
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 February 14 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello again! I have found out about more on the McLaughlins and Dohertys. The Dohertys of my great grandmother Rose born abt 1872-6 parents were Arthur Doherty and Ann Kearney. Arthur's father was a Cornelius born 1787 -1902. (yes 115 years) Ann Kearney's father was a Neal. They had about ten kids. Margaret married Patrick McLaughlin. They had a daughter named Margaret that married a Charles "Stewart" McLaughlin. (Charles mom a Stewart) Another child named Bernard Doherty b. 1887 married a Mariah Anne McLaughlin.