Author Topic: pension records  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: pension records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 April 08 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Spoof,   yes I do have his dob as 1883 Hatterton Cannock.  married 1908 to Alice in Wolverhampton. Did not reconize the Edward part but then again I suppose you can call yourself anything.  got a frederick Charles 35635 RGA but that never came to anything, hence this long drawn out search Thanks for all efforts much appreciated.

Offline scrimnet

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • No plan ever survives first contact...
    • View Profile
Re: pension records
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 April 08 17:05 BST (UK) »
Don't want to be too negative but I have been loking for my late grandfather's records - both pension and medal - from First World War for a while now. I know he had a pension, had medals (my uncle still has them in his possession) and didn't re-enlist in the army but I still cannot find any mention of him in Ancestry's lists. If, as I think, it is a matter of transcription error of original records I might never find relevant details. I know quite a few people have had trouble geting info. from Ancestry's listings.

Doddie

The key to all this could be here...Could I please ask that you speak to your uncle and get the details from the rim of the medals...His name, rank, number and regiment are all engraved there..It should make life inordinately easier!!!!
One more charge and then be dumb,
            When the forts of Folly fall,
        May the victors when they come
            Find my body near the wall.