Author Topic: Reilly Family  (Read 6696 times)

Offline Annapet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reilly Family
« on: Sunday 13 April 08 19:38 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information on Hugh Reilly born about 1818 in Ireland, he married Mary McKinlay in Glasgow in 1844, they moved to Rothesay after they married, Mary was born in Rothesay 25th Jan 1818  Her father was Robert McKinlay born about 1798 in Rothesay and her mother was Margaret Walker also born in Rothesay about 1798. I'd like to find out where in Ireland Hugh was born.
I'm also looking for information on Annabella Reilly born 1865, I think she was the illegitimate daughter of their daughter Mary Reilly born in 1845. I'm the great granddaughter of Hugh's son Francis Reilly and Margaret Mulholland

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Reilly Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 April 08 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hello,

The IGI - www.familysearch.org - gives the birth of an Annabella Riley on

04 NOV 1864   Rothesay, Bute, Scotland - mother Mary Riley - no fathers name given.  A copy of the actual extract can be downloaded from the ppv site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - for £1.20 - minimum spend £6

:O)

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 April 08 20:13 BST (UK) »
And back off the IGI

Born to Hugh Reilley and Mary McKInlay

1. SARAH REILEY   Birth: 28 FEB 1855 Rothesay, Bute, Scotland
2. FRANCIS REILEY Birth: 07 SEP 1857 Rothesay, Bute, Scotland
3. HUGH RILEY Birth: 01 FEB 1860 Rothesay, Bute, Scotland

You 'must' get at least a copy of Sarahs extract - £1.20 as it'll give a unique amount of info on the family - being the first year of national registration.

Regards,  Steve   :O)

Totters crossed that those with census access will now pitch in and we can get a window for Hughs death and obtain a copy of the death extract which will /should give names of parents on them - inc. mothers maiden name.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 April 08 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Annapet

If you are looking for confirmation as to where in Ireland Hugh was from then, as Steve suggest, Sarah's 1855 birth cert should include this information. It is only in the first year of official reg. in Scotland where this information was included on the certs. With Irish origins, it may be the only official verification of where someone came from as, I'm sure you have found, census entries in the main simply show place of birth as Ireland.

Good luck!

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annapet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 April 08 23:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much