Author Topic: Request for Death Date.  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Request for Death Date.
« on: Monday 14 April 08 13:19 BST (UK) »
Could anyone please spare the time to look up a death date for Lillian Keith ( nee Stanley) born around 1878?....in Hull but this date could be innacurate as the only entry to be found is in 1892?
 She married then emigrated from Liverpool to Quebec in 1926 on the S. Montrose...any help would be much appreciated :D
Thanks  T.T.
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Request for Death Date.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 April 08 13:29 BST (UK) »
Canadian records are organised by Province- do you know where she died?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 April 08 13:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response Aghadowey but i don't know :-\
T.T.
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Online jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 April 08 17:52 BST (UK) »
Are you sure she was nee Stanley or is it possible she married before marrying Timothy S. Keith?

She appears to be traveling with 16-year old Rita Alex. Keith? (Or at least, Rita is on the same page of the manifest according to the Canadian index. But she marries Timothy in 1913 which should be after Rita's birth. Also there's no Rita A. Keith on the bmd indexes, but there is a Rita Alexandra Stanley who was born in 1909.

On Ancestry there's a Rita Alexandra Stanley crossing record (Canada -> US) that I can't access. Timothy might be Timothy Shaw Keith who arrived into Canada in 1925, aged 36.

The originals of the ship lists should tell you where they were headed. I couldn't see them on the Ontario cemetery index.

http://www.ogs.on.ca/ogspi/200ou/05urq001.htm - could Rita Alexandra McRoberts who died in 2005 aged 96 be nee Stanley/Keith?
http://www.findmypast.com/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
 shows Rita McRoberts of right age traveling from Southampton to Quebec in 1954, in same year also a Lilian Keith of right age. Probably worth checking if these two are traveling on the same ship.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wfbishop/oldversion/friendsbishopgenealogy/directxx.htm
 - there is a granddaughter of Granville William McRoberts (husband of Rita Alexandra) who is also into genealogy, if the email address still works you could find out if that side of the family knows what happened to the Keiths.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 April 08 18:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Jorose for the time you have taken to carry out this search...there are several unabswered questions on this one and you have opened new avenues here...yes they did travel seprarately and her she had a daughter called Rita!
I will respond when I make further enquiries and let you know.
Many thanks ;D
T.T.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 April 08 19:33 BST (UK) »
The border crossing for Rita Stanley....

Accompanied by:  Mother and step father, Lillian 50, Timothy Keith, 38
Place of birth:  Newcastley on Tyne
Last Residence:  Toronto, Ontario
Destination:  Buffalo, New York
Passage paid by:  Father
Going to Join friend:  Mrs. Hawes/Howes, 41 Tacoma Ave., Buffalo, NY
Height:  5'4
Medium Complexion, Brown Hair and blue eyes
Nearest Relation of person in country coming from: Aunt, Isabella Goodwell, 411 Milverton Blvd., Toronto, Ontario
Port of Landing: Quebec
Date of Landing:  August 25, 1926
Ship:  SS Regina

Karen

Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 April 08 19:40 BST (UK) »
Border Card for Timothy Keith....

Accompanying wife and stepdaughter
Place of birth:  Aberdeen, Scotland
Money Shown:  $50.00
Closest Relative:  Father, George Keith, Aberdeen, Scotland
Height:  5,4, med complexion, brown hair and blue eyes

Everything else same

Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Bowman & Ellis - England

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 April 08 19:45 BST (UK) »
Everything the same for Lillian, except...

Place of birth:  Hull, England
Height:  5'3", med. complexion, grey hair and blue eyes
Her sister, Isabella Goodwell is her next of kin

After having looked at all three crossing, her's is the clearest which states

Purpose of trip to US - to reside permantely.
Huck - Alsace, France
Bowman & Ellis - England

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 April 08 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,
What a star you are...that is so helpful...I am desperately trying to unravel a mystery for a friend and she is going to be so pleased with what you have unearthed...there  has been a lot of secrecy surrounding this family and an illegitimate child....I can't thank you enough for the trouble you have gone to in taking the time to do this search...it has given me so much to go on now..I am quite hopeful that I can take this forward for her.
Many thanks :-* :-*
T.T.