Author Topic: look up please  (Read 6293 times)

Offline rushton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
look up please
« on: Monday 14 April 08 15:32 BST (UK) »
Is anyone able to look up Irish BMDs? I am trying to find a death. My husband's great grandmother died in County Offally  shortly after giving birth to twins in Birr Barracks. I obtained a copy of the Twin's birth certificate from the Army registry of births marriages and deaths, but have drawn a blank with their mother's death. I can only think that she may have died in hospital locally. The twins were born on 4th October 1883 in Father's house Birr Barracks. Their father was a Quarter Master Sergeant in the 2nd Leinster Reg. Mother was Elizabeth Anne Alsup or Alsop, she was born 18 June 1857. I have been unable to find a marriage cert in England but feel they must have married for her to live in the Barracks but maybe I am wrong. If married her married name was Baldwin, her husband was Thomas Claydon Baldwin. I will be most gratefull for any help as I have drawn a blank.

Offline lbud

• RootsChat Member
  • What a waist!
    • View Profile
Re: look up please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 09 16:16 BST (UK) »
You can search the BMD registers online now at http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=recordResults;collectionId=1408347

The death of an Elizabeth Anne Baldwin was registered in Oct-Dec 1883 in Parsonstown.  Volume 3, Page 377.  She was 26 years old which would put her birth around 1857.  She is probably the correct person.

The marriage of an Elizabeth Ann Alsop was registered in Naas (Co. Kildare) in Oct-Dec 1882.  Volume 2, Page 723.  A Thomas Claydon Baldwin had the same marriage details, so perhaps they are your ancestors?

And the births of Lilly Baldwin and Thomas Noble Baldwin were registered in Parsonstown in Oct-Dec 1883.  Volume 3, Page 461.  Could these be the twins?

You can apply for the certs from http://www.gro.ie

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 May 09 16:21 BST (UK) »
a typo crept into lbud's post, the address for the GRO is: www.groireland.ie

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lbud

• RootsChat Member
  • What a waist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 May 09 17:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane - i was just coming back to correct it.  :)