Author Topic: baptisms look-up in potton please- harris and ingyon  (Read 3105 times)

Offline tombraider2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: baptisms look-up in potton please- harris and ingyon
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 April 08 19:06 BST (UK) »
hi wendy
i'm amazed at how knowledable  the members of this site are, i'm learning new stuff all the time, i can't thank you enough for your info, wendy, it's great and i have plenty of new avenues to search for john and jane in the future. i did as you suggested and googled the name, very interesting, the internet surname database even mentions the john and jane marriage and my original request is on the google list too [fame at last!!!]
once again,many thanks,
and to all the members, i hope i'll be able to repay all your kindness by helping some of you at some point.
best wishes,
linda
NORTHANTS -hiams, garrood, bland, smith, richardson, stanion/stanyon, roddis, brown,eales,gibbons, harris, muddiman, longworth, wyatt, rogers, wilcox, inwood, blakeman, blackerby, gardner, wells
BUCKS - hiams/hyams
SUFFOLK - garrood
STAFFS and IRELAND - connor
LEICS - sharp
BEDS - bland, harris
ESSEX -faint
MIDDLESEX - inwood, travers, miller
HERTS - faint, harvey, pamphilon
HAMPSHIRE - suett, vine
W.YORKS - summers

Offline wdurham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: baptisms look-up in potton please- harris and ingyon
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 April 08 19:24 BST (UK) »
hi, Linda - glad to help.

I have had masses of help myself here from folk like JohnP and David. It's nice to give something back when you can.

One thing I DID find which might be completely irrelevant, but is interesting, is in the Victoria History, about the Engaine family of Great Staughton, who also held manorial land in Waresley. One of the Ingyons in the Censuses is a Waresley person, IIRR. And the name, after centuries of corruption, could well have originated from the Engaine family.

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=42517#n46
Willson & Pell in Faversham, Egerton, Folkestone in Kent
Cornhill in Kent, Devon and Wokingham, Berks
Cadmans & Kings in Isleham, Cambs
Swan, Gregory, Smith & Mingay in the Burrough Green/Westley area of Cambs
Armstrong & Chandler in Bedford
Abbott/Abbit in Witham, Essex
Davies/Davis in Islington & Hackney