Author Topic: 1841/51 Census Page Taverham Norwich  (Read 883 times)

Offline Mad Alice

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1841/51 Census Page Taverham Norwich
« on: Sunday 16 January 05 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Ann Page and her children Robert b1829 and Christopher b 1832.
Also looking for Jerimiah Page living in Taverham at the same time.
Thank you for your help
Linda
Allison Adams Bellinger Butcher Cardwell Carson Cox Dewhurst Faichen Newport Page Parker Pike Roberts Rosebrook Stillwell Warman Wilmoth

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 Census Page Taverham Norwich
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 January 05 17:01 GMT (UK) »
1851 has a Christopher in the St Faiths Workhouse aged 19, born Taverham.
There is a Robert that fits but he was born in Ringland (just up the road) and he was a servant in 1851.  There are Jeremiahs but not in Taverham and Anns but not in Taverham.  Have you ages of Ann & Jeremiah?

This is from the 1851 index.

If we can narrow it down a bit I can check the 1841 but it is not indexed!

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Mad Alice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 January 05 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help.

I found the following references for the 1841 Census in Taverham this morning:

Taverham indexes 1841 census

Taverham - HO107/783/18

PAGE, HO107/783/18, 4, 3, Taverham
PAGE, HO107/783/18, 4, 4, Taverham
PAGE, HO107/783/18, 5, 5, Taverham

I'm afraid I do not know Anne's age but would expect her to be in her early 30's as I suspect Robert was her first child.

Hoping to find out about Jeremiah's relationship to Robert and Christopher so not sure of his age either but I suspect he may be a Grandfather.

Thank you

Linda

Allison Adams Bellinger Butcher Cardwell Carson Cox Dewhurst Faichen Newport Page Parker Pike Roberts Rosebrook Stillwell Warman Wilmoth

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 January 05 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

There were some Page families in Taverham in 1841 but no Ann, Christopher or Robert as far as I could see.  (The copy is not very good.)  You would need to get the film checked as it could be better to see.

I suggest you get the Workhouse records looked at for Christopher as they could be interesting as well as checking Witchingham for Robert as that was where he was in service in 1851.

Best of luck

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Mad Alice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 January 05 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Teddy Bear for your help.

I will try to look at the census film next time I visit Norwich and look for the workhouse records as you have suggested.

Thanks again for your help
Linda