Author Topic: Conlons buried in graveyard in Tang  (Read 13437 times)

Offline Bobby Conlon

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Conlons buried in graveyard in Tang
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 November 08 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Dave! Good luck. I am guessing they were married young at say 13 or 14, but again just a hunch! Bob

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 November 08 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Late developers so!!!! :D :D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 November 08 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Ok Bob..just met neighbour.... there are 2 Conlon families...one in Tang and one at "The Pigeons" which is very near. Doesn't think 2 families are related but not sure.

There was a Peter Conlon, Tang, died "recently"...the homestead now belongs to his daughter...Ms Conlon, didn't know first name!!

They would be buried in old cemetery at Tang which is very overgrown and unmaintained. This would be Noughal Cemetery..probably no stone or stone illegible!

Have to get the townland address for homestead and get back to you. Maybe you could then write to her and explain your search directly with her.

Offline Bobby Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 November 08 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Not sure about this Peter. The one at the Pidgeons is related in a round about way.  One of my Thomas's Conlon (b about 1834) daughters, named Anne, married a William Ganly and then their daughter Lilly Ganley married another Conlon named Joe. Their one son is a Priest named Colm Conlon. I am betting they were all related at one time. Other children are Liam, Veronica, Josie, and Patrick. Liam married a Dougherty I believe. Does your neighbor know the retired Priest mentioned above named Colm? Also, a William who was my Thomas's grandson from son Michael, married a Mary McCormack from the Three Pidgeons Restataurant I believe. They had three children named William, Michael, and Maura. The Thomas we originally discussed should be in the Tang Cemetery with son Patrick born about 1858. Anything on these Conlons would help. An email for Colm Conlon would be huge as well. Thanks Bob  ** Email address has been removed to prevent spam and other abuse. Please use the secure Personal Message system (PM) to exchange personal information.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 November 08 22:52 GMT (UK) »
The Thomas we originally discussed should be in the Tang Cemetery with son Patrick born about 1858

Noughal is the name of the old cemetery at Tang for that period ..it's full now and more or less abandoned......

Tang and Pigeons may be related but my neighbour couldn't definitely say one way or another.

When did the priest retire? Is he at Tang now?

My neighbour wouldn't know their history of 150 years ago but knows the old homestead where Ms Conlon now lives!

Offline Bobby Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 November 08 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Dave, I was mistaken about the Anne who married a Ganly. Her dad was Michael the son of the Thomas that should be buried in Tang Cemetery. Also, the Conlon of the Pigeons live in Lissdissan. The best contact should be Liam instead of Colm. he has kids and may have email capabilites. Liam shuld be about 72 years old and married to a Dougherty. Thanks Bob

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 November 08 00:40 GMT (UK) »
The retired priest Colm would be the easiest one for me to track down as I can leave a message with the current priest at Tang who will probably know him.....

Not too many around here use internet or email....

Don't know where Lissdissan is!! Might try to ask local postman some day if I get time to go that way. Very busy at moment.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 December 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »

When did the priest retire? Is he at Tang now?
??

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 November 12 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Hallmark. Learned today that Father Colm Conlon may be retired here in US in California. His brother Liam runs the farm at the Pigeons. Their father Joe that married Anne Ganley had brother named Peter who used to be a school master and may be the one you mentioned that passed away. Bob