Author Topic: Abel Mead  (Read 5051 times)

Offline watney

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Mead
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 May 11 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Trish and Andrea, it's a long time since I was researching this Mead line, but yes I have Sarah married to John Dell, the Dell and Mead family are connected with my other ancestors the Faulkners.
Regarding William Mead  the waters are rather muddied, there may have been 3 marriages, first to Sarah Rogers 1799, there was a daughter Elizabeth b/c 1801 in Chesham she married William Seymour 1830 in Chesham. William and Elizabeth Seymour were the witnesses at the marriage of William Mead to Lucy Holliman. A Sarah Mead was buried 6 April 1803 in Chesham.
William Mead married Sarah Butts/Bates Sept. 1803 Chesham, their children Sarah, Abel and William you are already aware of, I have no date of death for this Sarah, perhaps you would tell me if you have found this.

Brenda

Offline steiffyok

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Mead
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi anyone interested in the Mead family,
I am a decendent of Lucy Mead daughter of Abel Mead born about 1846 in Chesham. The same Abel Mead families that a few of your postings are about.

I do know that Lucy married Alfred Barnes and died in Great Hormead, Hertfordshire. I am having trouble finding Abel and Margaret Jane Mead in 1881, Lucy's parents. Does anyone have any ideas please?