Author Topic: Surname intrests in The Lye area  (Read 75859 times)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname intrests in The Lye area
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 25 January 09 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Arlen, am in awe of your pictures, they are wonderful.  I do have some information for you from my friend Sheila, who has the same line as you, will post it on here for you.  We must try and find a link for our Lyde Green Cramptons, there must be one!  Will have a search for new information, best wishes from linell.

1.  IGI   John Winnall  married Elizabeth Heathcock  5 Aug 1805  Halesowen, Worcs

2.  IGI  Christening  19 Nov 1815  Daughter Lucy Winnall to John Winnall & wife Elizabeth  Halesowen, Worcs

3.  IGI  Marriage  James Horton  & Lucy Winnall  20 April 1835  Old Swinford

4.  IGI  Christening  21 Feb 1836  daughter Sarah Horton to James Horton & wife Lucy,  Halesowen Worcs

5.  James & Sarah & Family can be found in the 1841 Census

6.  Lucy Horton nee Winnall died 25 Nov 1841  age 26  - Copy of death cert. obtained

7.  James Horton - widower married Phebe Parkes spinster 4 Dec 1842 - Copy of marriage cert obtained - no children born from this marriage

8.  Sarah Horton marriage to Thomas Rudge (parents William Rudge  & Eliza nee Cartwright)  19 Dec 1858

9.  Copy of birth cert obtained for Eliza Lucy Rudge to prove 'mother Sarah's' name was nee Horton - I believe that Eliza Lucy who appeared to have been named after the two grandmother's sadly died within about 2 years but I have not obtained the proving death certificate.  see Census 1861  RG/9/2074  Folio 39  page 12(Sarah & Thomas are living in Sunbury, Middlesex in Census 1901 having migrated there together with son Edward (policeman), son Richard married to Louise nee Scott, son Thomas Charles married to Mary Susan nee Scott - my grandparents and Mary & Louise are sisters daughters of George Scott & Emily nee Wyer) plus a daughter Pamela married to Harry Johnson - all born in the Lye/Quarry Bank/Cradley areas) There is another younger son named Joseph Bertie married to Frances. He was away fighting in the Boer War and Frances Rudge can be found living in Green Street, Sunbury with 2 sons on 1901.  Frances was born in Norfolk. His Army details can be found on the Army Pensions pages on Ancestry which includes his death certificate. He gives his brother Edward as next of kin.

10.  Thomas Rudge (Sarah's husband) died 20 May 1912  Sunbury. Middlesex (this is recorded in Staines. Middlesex District)

11.  Sarah Rudge nee Horton  died age 94  18 November 1930  The Hall, London Road, Stanwell, Middlesex  - Home address: The Alms Houses, Nursery Road, Sunbury, Middlesex  - widow of Thomas Rudge - of 1. Myocardial Degeneration  &  2. Senility.........copy of death certificate obtained.

Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline jandap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 28 January 09 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Linell, please thank your friend Shiela for her data.  I had the first two but the rest are new information for me.

Here's another Crampton picture, one taken by my grandfather in his first studio in Vicarage Road, Lye. It is Howard, who is on the right and a little younger in the Crampton picture posted earlier.

Its funny how you keep finding new things going over old ground.  I have found what I think are pictures of Phoebe Crampton in the 1920s (she died in 1920) with my mother's parents.

The 1911 census is another rich source, if somewhat expensive.  We have had a skeleton in the family closet and the latest census release is opening avenues that may solve the riddles.

The moral is to keep looking!

Regards, Arlen
Pardoe, Pearson, Crampton, Lavender, Homer, Syner, Bellamy, Bloomer.

Offline Rob Rushton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 29 January 09 13:01 GMT (UK) »
My Lye surnames are:
Pardoe, Chance, Phipson, Yardley, Skelding, Bingham, Taylor, Westwood

They all link into the Phipson and Skelding branches that moved to North Staffordshire just before 1900.

Would be happy to exchange notes and info.

Offline vcsanderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 29 January 09 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob
which Pardoe are you related to?
Vanessa

Offline Rob Rushton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 29 January 09 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vanessa
It's a distant link, but nevertheless part of my tree:
Ann Pardoe was my grt grt grt grt grt grt grandmother

b   abt 1750, Old Swinford
m   Samuel Bingham, 11 Sept 1773, 
bur   8 Nov 1804   

Offline vhdl15464

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 29 January 09 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob
I think that we have corresponded before and that our families are linked.

Velda

Offline Rob Rushton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 29 January 09 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Velda
Yes, I'm sure we have - possibly on Rootsweb over our Skelding rellies.

regards

Rob

Offline sue.g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday 30 January 09 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am replying to post 50. (I hope I've written this correctly as I'm new to this board)

I have just started researching the Pardoe side of my family after several years of trying to find my gr grandfathers parents.
His mother was Jane Pardoe b abt 1833 and she was married to Joseph Freeman, also decended from the Pardoe family of Old Swinford.
I have traced the paternal line through to Anne Pardoe, possible daughter of Joseph Pardoe and Jane Brooks.  Am I correct in  thinking she may be the 12th child that is missing from the line up. She was baptised in 1777, which was before their marriage in 1781.

Would anyone be able to confirm this for me and also give me any clues on Jane Pardoe's parents.

Thanks in advance

Sue

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Friday 30 January 09 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Freddiebean

Do you by any chance have a Sarah Ann Rhodes born c1843 Bilston/Dudley/Tipton  in  your tree? She married a John Blakemore.

Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire