Author Topic: RENNIE of Kirkinner fmaily tree  (Read 5572 times)

Offline claycrop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RENNIE of Kirkinner fmaily tree
« on: Sunday 20 April 08 18:53 BST (UK) »
ANY ONE INTERESTED I HAVE COMPLETE TREE

Offline mags40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RENNIE of Kirkinner fmaily tree
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi claycrop

I know this post is a bit old now but I do hope that you still get this message.

I would be very interested in the Rennie Family Tree, I have a few members of my tree born there.

Any information would be great.

Cheers
Mags

:)

Offline claycrop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 February 11 15:23 GMT (UK) »
hi what type of information do you require , I can start with Samuel rennie , weaver who married jean mckay in Kirkinner in 1807 and con;t from there let me know it will not be a problem if they are connected to what you are looking for take care  bobby

Offline mags40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 February 11 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bobby

I have Robert Rennie b1843 to John Rennie (postrunner) and Agnes Oxtable, I have tracked Robert Rennie to the present time and also Agnes Oxtable but unable to track down John Rennie, either by birth or married, however I did notice he was in the 1881 cenus as a postrunner abt 1818 born whithorn but not sure if it is the same one, he married Mary Rennie, not even sure if he is related to any of your Rennie's or not, would be obliged for any information, we do have some of the Rennies born in Kirkinner and also Twyholm, but as far as I can see there were lots of them, you probably had the same problem when trying to find them, wanted to try and track them back further not sure if they were originally from Ireland or not, hope you can help.

Cheers
Mags
 :)

Offline alaynefj

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 July 11 15:54 BST (UK) »
Just saw your message. I have the following names and wonder if they are connected in any way to you tree:

David Rennie m Jane Donnan ?
    issue: Mary Rennie b c. 1795 Whithorn d. 8 Sept 1885 Whithorn M. Joseph McCulloch 23 apr 1821 Whithorn
            issue: Jean McCulloch b. c. 1829 ,Longhill, Glasserton,d. 30 Jan 1888 Millisle Station, Sorbie m. Robert Houston 13 June 1850 Glasserton
               Issue John, Robert, Mary Rennie, Jane Gordon, William, James McGuffie, Elizabeth, Janet, Alexander
                 William Married Isabella Hamilton, 19 May 1885 in Illabo NSW, Australia

Cheers

Alayne Jones
Gunnedah NSW Australia