Author Topic: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922  (Read 25111 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 08:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for making contact- and for the link to Facebook of which I was unaware. It would be unlikely- but a good thought! - that my grandmother knew Clementine through a friendship between their sons. Her eldest son Leslie was born in 1921 and attended the George Monoux Grammar school in Walthamstow before starting work in the City with the Ministry of air Production- before becoming a Volunteer reserve to join the RAF in 1940. So the age difference and social background makes that theory quite unlikely- byt my grandmother left no stone unturned in her quest to ascertain what happened to her son Leslie when his Lancaster was hit during a night time bombing mission over Germany - plane hit the ground, exploded, and all crew lost- but she would always hold on to the hope that he had survived but badly burnt. It is possible that she may have come across Frank's work in investigating explosions linked to combustible gases- but that is just another very thin theory. My grandparents were very intellectual and inquisitive folks but it is hard to find a solid link as yet. Thank you for your interest.
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline dshevchenko

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 04 August 22 23:32 BST (UK) »
I can tell you that Andrew Sachnovsky (Howard) was born in Canterbury and his mother was a Tchitcherine.  She is buried in St Margaret's Church, Canterbury, as Andrew is.  He married my father's sister and they lived in London and Canterbury for as long as I can remember.  I don't know much about the Tchitcherine family to be honest, however there are several surviving members of the family scattered around the world and a few around the Kent area, including Andrew's son.

So you have your link between the Sachnovsky's and the Tchitcherine's.....it was more Chartham than Elham.  If you think that this info is relevant to you then maybe I could put you in touch with a member of the Tchitcherine famly
Greetings from Russia
I am interested in the history of the Sakhnovsky->Chicherin->Howard family.
I know a lot about the life of Mr. William Howard, the owner of paper mill's in Kondrovo and Troitzky Russia, and later in Chartham Kent. William Howard was the father of Elena Tchicherina and Mr. John Howard of Sibton Park. Elena Tchicherina also had a brother, William, who died during the First World War in 1915. I want to know where the direct descendants of William Howard live? In our town of Kondrovo, history of proprietor paper mill William Howard is valued and respected.

Regards from Russia
Dmitry

Offline Charles le vert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 08 December 22 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Washington, DC.  I've information on Clementine de Vere (Ionia - Princess Clementine Eristavi Tchitcherine), Elise de Vere, Frank Tchitcherine, and Vladimir Eristavi Tchitcherine.  I'm interested in sharing this information of their time in Russia, France, and the US..  However, as there are so many details and threads, specific questions are best.  Thanks in advance.
Clementine de Vere
Eristavi Tchitcherine
Charles de Vere
Frank Godsol
Elise de Vere
Frank Tchitcherine
Julia Ferrett