Author Topic: Baptism for Elizabeth Owens 1843  (Read 1928 times)

Offline kenelms

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Baptism for Elizabeth Owens 1843
« on: Tuesday 22 April 08 21:35 BST (UK) »
I am searching for my ancestor-Elizabeth Owens b1843 in Pembrokeshire. She married James Thomas [born-Walton West-Haroldston in 1843] at Llangynwyd , [Maesteg]. Her father from the marriage certificate was William Owens a labourer [from Pembrokeshire]. I have nothing else to go upon. 

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism for Elizabeth Owens 1843
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 April 08 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

Wouldn't you just know it - the 1851 has 2 born in that age range - both with William as a father and both Williams were sort of labourers (one was a farm lab and the other a servant).  The surname is Owen though - not Owens

When did Elizabeth marry?  Do you have her on the 1881 census which may give a more precise birthplace within Pembrokeshire

Of the 2 I found - one was b Haverfordwest St Martin and the other Llys-Y-Fran
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline kenelms

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism for Elizabeth Owens 1843
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 April 08 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your searches. Elizabeth Thomas [nee OWENS] died in 1878 aged 35 at LLangynwyd. She and James married in 1865 at LLangynwyd Church. They were each living at Forrest Row in that area at their time of marriage. James was a collier but there is no mention of Elizabeth's occupation.

There is a James Thomas born Haroldston on 1861 Pembrokeshire  census aged 18 . There is an Elizabeth Owens aged 18  [then a servant]but again only Pembroke.

The Owens side is proving very tricky. That is all I know.