Author Topic: move or delete please  (Read 996 times)

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
move or delete please
« on: Thursday 24 April 08 08:23 BST (UK) »
move or delete please
Chambers of Newmarket/E. Camb.s, Wrenn, Elphick & Culpep(p)er of E. Suss., Buxton of Essex, Tucker of Appledore, Dobbs of Bideford, Morgan of Laugharne, Cordell of Hertfordshire, Gooch & Rix & Tuthill & maybe de Bohun of S. Norfolk etc ;-) Small, Acome, Johnson Bavin, Catlin, Sansom, Pitkin of W. Herts/Bucks, Churchman of Ned. then Hamps/Berks, Gayler of Shoreditch, Barnes of Chertsey/Staines, Goldsmith of Westm/Sussex, Lock of Limpsfield, Found & Gowman of Morwenstow

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suitable Marriages please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 April 08 08:36 BST (UK) »
Are you sure she was a Buxton?  There's an Edith Evelyn BARTON b Dec 1885 Camberwell.

Anna
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 April 08 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

I'm wondering ..................... if there is no father mentioned on the 1919 birth certificate (which I assume there isn't because you haven't mentioned a name) then perhaps Edith wasn't married and just assuming the name of, possibly, the father :-\

Is there an address that could be checked on the electoral registers, say 1918-1921, to see who is listed for that address?

Did the child born 1919 have any siblings whose birth entries could be checked in the indexes to see if anything is revealed there?

Edit - I see that these questions are probably irrelevant now (see post below) as Edith was with a Mr WRENN by then.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 April 08 09:36 BST (UK) »
Further to the above, I'm wondering if this could be relevant :-\

Birth registrations:

PENFOLD Edith M (BUXTON) Lewisham RD Mar Q 1920 1d 2688
WRENN Edith M (BUXTON) Lewisham RD Mar Q 1920 1d 2688

Chris, is this the birth registration of the child born in 1919?  If so, could they be duplicate registrations ie. child has been registered in two names - it's not the first time I have seen this happen?  Are you aware of any WRENN connecton - assuming that they could possibly be the same child?

Edit ................... excitement over, I notice you are aware of this WRENN connection http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,10550.0.html and I notice his mother's maiden name is listed as BUXTON Anna.  Was there no WRENN marriage Chris?

Casalguidi  :)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 April 08 20:15 BST (UK) »
Speaking of possible misspellings, there's also an Edith E. M. R. Wrenn mother's maiden name Baxton, born 1918 in Reading and died as an infant in Woolwich (freebmd).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 April 08 19:22 BST (UK) »
move or delete please
Chambers of Newmarket/E. Camb.s, Wrenn, Elphick & Culpep(p)er of E. Suss., Buxton of Essex, Tucker of Appledore, Dobbs of Bideford, Morgan of Laugharne, Cordell of Hertfordshire, Gooch & Rix & Tuthill & maybe de Bohun of S. Norfolk etc ;-) Small, Acome, Johnson Bavin, Catlin, Sansom, Pitkin of W. Herts/Bucks, Churchman of Ned. then Hamps/Berks, Gayler of Shoreditch, Barnes of Chertsey/Staines, Goldsmith of Westm/Sussex, Lock of Limpsfield, Found & Gowman of Morwenstow

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 28 April 08 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

The other day I recall finding something about Francis Street in North Woolwich around the end of WW1.  I can't recall exactly what it was but if the address is familiar, I'll put the brain into overdrive and try to go through what I was looking for.  Any connection would you think?

Caasalguidi :)

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Delete please
« Reply #7 on: Monday 28 April 08 20:14 BST (UK) »
move or delete please