Author Topic: Binnie Family of Stirlingshire  (Read 3140 times)

Offline warren.elkes

• RootsChat Extra
  • My full tree is on Ancestry.
    • View Profile
Binnie Family of Stirlingshire
« on: Saturday 26 April 08 08:42 BST (UK) »
I have in my family tree a large number of Binnie family members (27) who came originally from Scotland but one of whom migrated south after marrying and came to live in Buton on Trent Staffordshire England where she raised her family. This was Janet Shaw Binnie who married James Bullions in Muiravonside, Stirlingshire in 1879 before they moved south in c1885. If you have any interest in this family or have any additional information please visit my website and get in touch.

www.elkes.tribalpages.com

Warren

Arnot,Bullions,Binnie,Goodwin and many more......
Elkes : Shropshire
Bullions, Binnie : Scotland
Williamson, Hibbert, Brindley : Derbyshire
Broughton, Dukes : Staffordshire
Budworth family : Derbyshire
and many more.
Please visit ancestry to see my full tree

Offline Kate NZ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Binnie Family of Stirlingshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 May 08 05:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Warren I have 5x grandmother Agnes Binnie married Bennet Rodger she was born c 1735 Muiravonside their daughter Margaret Rodger married David Binnie1783 Muiravonside I havent done much on this family yet do any of these names connect with yours cheers KateNZ
Borders Ettrick Brydon/Bryden Smeal Tait
East Lothian King Pryde Skirvin<br />Lauder Berwick   Murdison Watson<br />Midlothian  Smail Hamilton <br />Glasgow Bryan<br />Clackmannan Todd Ramsay <br />Shetland Isles Nelson Hubbys side<br />East Sussex Fellows Hutchinson Branscombe<br />London Bowers <br />Devon Branscombe <br />Devon French Bird Dommett Hubbys side<br />Ireland Fitzgerald Bryan Burns.

Offline vacuz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Binnie Family of Stirlingshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 April 09 02:04 BST (UK) »
kate,

I believe Margeret the dtr of Bennet Roger was chr Jun 1770 (from IGI extract), which would make her 13 at the age of marriage?  I have not seen brides that young before at this time in Scotland.  what do you think?  Might it have been another Margaret Rodger that he married?

Carolyn