Author Topic: Joyce Muriel CLARK (or LING)  (Read 958 times)

Offline idontbelieveit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joyce Muriel CLARK (or LING)
« on: Saturday 26 April 08 19:18 BST (UK) »
Not doing very well and hit yet another brick wall. The above was my fathers youngest sister and was taken from home as an infant with my grandmother IVY MAY CLARK (nee LING).
Joyce was born c1925 in Ipswich. Ivy had other children and was married to GEORGE FRANCIS CLARK.
I cannot find any info. on Ivy or Joyce nor what happened to both but could only ascertain from a relative (now dead) that Ivy could be buried somewhere in N. London poss North Finchley Cemetary. I'm stuck on this one as did Ivy keep Clark, or revert back to Ling, or did she re-marry, and the same goes for Muriel.
It's my fathers 90th birthday next month and have tried desperately to find something, but brick wall comes to mind.
Someone more experienced may be able to help or point me in the right direction?
Hope so, regards
Richard
Suffolk & Cambridgshire:- CLARK, CLARKE, EVERETT
Suffolk:- LING, SCARLETT, HART, CODD, PEPPER
Ireland, Scotland & USA:-McMAHON

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: JOYCE MURIEL CLARK (or LING)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 April 08 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

Re: Joyce Muriel.  It's most likely she married and probably round the late 1940's when transcriptions are a lot thinner on the ground

You will need to search the full GRO index  which is available at your nearest main library if you live in the UK.  It can also be searched online if you have an Ancestry subscription or at www.findmypast.com which is a paysite

Unfortunately - I doubt you are going to find information via transcribed online resources on either of them
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)