Author Topic: sharp  (Read 3992 times)

Offline yogibear

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sharp
« on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:08 BST (UK) »
does anyone know or be able to point me in the right direction to find out the following.

william sharp was b around 1771 hunts as says in 1841 census. in 1861 it says 1794 sawtry. his wifes name was mary b 1762 as says in 1841 census also born hunts.she died before 1861.
how do i find out her madian name and how many kids they had. i know of william b 1797. any help please

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sharp
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:32 BST (UK) »
Ages in the 1841 census were generally rounded down to the nearest five so bear that in mind when searching for Mary.  Did you mean 1774 for William?
Where did you find details of the child in 1797?    Have you looked at the IGI on www.familysearch.org ?  If you can trace the baptism you might find the other children and perhaps a marriage in the same church.
Andrea

Offline yogibear

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:37 BST (UK) »
i have tried serching that but got no where, dont know whether i was doing something wrong.william b 1797/5 i know his family from 1841 when living in yaxley. william and mary living there too

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:43 BST (UK) »
I see that in 1861 William the younger is living with his married daughter, Mary Hillian.  However, oddly, the only family I can find in 1851 with a daughter Mary and father William has a wife Elizabeth.  There are several other daughters too.  Is this your lot?? Will check 1841 and see if I can find the ones you quote.
Having looked at 1841 I see Mary was not born in the county - she could be from anywhere!
Andrea

Offline yogibear

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:47 BST (UK) »
thats right. william (son) married a elizabeth and they had sarah, elizabeth,mary, margaret, susanna and lucy. lucy went on and married ben swiffen. sarah married john tabor. mary married john hilliam and susanna married thomas woods. margaret married thomas egglesfield.i dont know about the other girl elizabeth b 1827 if anyone knows.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 April 08 18:54 BST (UK) »
Are you anywhere near an LDS centre?  The coverage for Huntingdon on the IGI is not great so you would be better ordering the films of the local parish registers and searching them there to find William's baptism.  Mary is likely to have been from a neighbouring county as she was not born in Huntingdon.   I wonder when the older couple died.    I assume you meant Elizabeth (not Mary) when you said in your earlier post that she died before 1861.
Andrea

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 April 08 19:01 BST (UK) »
Actually, I am still not clear how you know that William born 1797 is a child of William and Mary??
I am getting pretty muddled with the Williams too.  Surely the one in 1861 is William the younger??
Andrea

Offline yogibear

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 April 08 19:06 BST (UK) »
right i will start again.
william sharp b 1771 hunts married a mary b 1762 hunts as says in 1841 census.
they had a son williamb1797 hunts who married a elizabeth b1800 hunts as says in 1841 census. in 1851 elizabeth says she was b1799 in maple cambs and william 1795 yaxley. they had several daughters elizabeth 1829 , margaret b1835, mary 1832, susanna 1838 and lucy 1842 all born yaxley. i would love to know who elizabeth 1827 married. william and elizabeth died in yaxley.
william and wife mary i dont know when they died but it was after 1841. i cannot find them on 1851 census .
i hope this is clearer

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 April 08 19:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, got it now!  That is much clearer.   However you still do not say how you know the William born 1797 is the son of that particular William and Mary.  Following up that source of information may lead to other children and the marriage.  The Yaxley parish register may be a mine of information.
Andrea