Author Topic: Annable family of Denby & Kilburn area  (Read 3078 times)

Offline warren.elkes

• RootsChat Extra
  • My full tree is on Ancestry.
    • View Profile
Annable family of Denby & Kilburn area
« on: Monday 28 April 08 09:56 BST (UK) »
I have a large number of the Annable family in my tree from the Denby & Kilburn areas of Derbyshire. These are on my wifes side of the tree. Please view my tree at my website. I would be happy to hear from anyone who might be able to add to it

www.elkes.tribalpages.com

Warren
Elkes : Shropshire
Bullions, Binnie : Scotland
Williamson, Hibbert, Brindley : Derbyshire
Broughton, Dukes : Staffordshire
Budworth family : Derbyshire
and many more.
Please visit ancestry to see my full tree

Offline colkitto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annable family of Denby & Kilburn area
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 May 08 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Warren

I looked at your website, very interesting, I found a couple of people in common.
One thing that might be of interest to you (if you don't already know) is from Inces's Pedigrees.

''Jethro Shaw born 16/02/1686 married Silence Godbehere widow of George Godbehere of Cromford ( George owned land and shares in lead mines at Cromford Alderwasley and Bolehill) George Godbehere died within 2 years of their marriage, and Silence then married Jethro Shaw of Wensley a farmer at Oakerside..Silence gained property/land from Godbeheres will ie among other property one piece of land named Fishpool Flatts near Alderwasley One of Shaws heirs Thomas Shaw son of John and Hannah Shaw ( John Stonemerchant Bowne & Shaw Middle Peak Quarry in the 1890s) farmed at Lane End Farm near Fishpools Flatts
Silence's maiden name was Annable''

Cheers Jo