Author Topic: Searching for my Nancy  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Damck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for my Nancy
« on: Tuesday 29 April 08 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
I was wondering if any one had come across my Nancy in their researching. Her name is Nancy Whyte (White) and she was born on the 11th June 1884 at Lenl - Al - Chayary (?), Inveravon, Banffshire to Travellers Duncan White and Georgina McPhee, Travelling Tinsmiths.  She is mentioned on the 1891 and the 1901 Censuses in Borham, aged 8 and Rafford aged 18 then she seems to disappear !
I have a sister for her called Agnes who was suppost to have been born in 1886 but l am unable to find any birth entry for her that seems right.  Now when l check the censuses they are a little off in their ages Dad Duncan loses 3 years over 10 years but mother Georgina ages only 6  :o l know they are the same family on the census but do you think Nancy and Agnes are one and the same and she just changed her name ??
Many Thanks
Debbie
Whyte, Wilson, McKenzie, Goodall, Laing, Thomson,Cobban, Marshall, Kelbie, Stewart, McPhee, Tannenbaum and Rowelski

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for my Nancy
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 April 08 20:26 BST (UK) »
Agnes, Nancy, Ann/Anne/Annie are interchangeable so they could be the same person.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Damck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for my Nancy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 April 08 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I'm beginning to think the same thing especially as my head is getting sore banging it off my brick wall ;D
Whyte, Wilson, McKenzie, Goodall, Laing, Thomson,Cobban, Marshall, Kelbie, Stewart, McPhee, Tannenbaum and Rowelski