Author Topic: Westbury/Pontesbury pre 1841 look up please JONES  (Read 552 times)

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum - thanks to RC Restorers
    • View Profile
Westbury/Pontesbury pre 1841 look up please JONES
« on: Tuesday 29 April 08 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hello

Would somebody please be kind enough to see if they can find some Joneses in Westbury and Pontesbury for me. I am looking for information on

Richard Jones b 1794 in Westbury and his wife Mary also born in Westbury 1793

I do not know the date of their marriage but I have details of their children who were all born in Pontesbury. I have found them on various census returns from 1841 onwards. In 1841 they were living in Pontesbury in what looks like Hough Marrow but I am not sure. In the 1851 the family has moved to Wolverhampton and more or less stayed there. All the males were bricklayers.

Richard 1822
Thomas 1826
John 1828
William 1831
Eliza 1833
Robert 1835

There is a possibility of an Edward b 1816 in Westbury but I am not sure about this as I haven't been able to find a marriage record for Richard and Mary. If there was an Edward it would make sense of how the OHs great grandmother ended up in Liverpool. (If only it was that easy!)

Hoping somebody can find them for me.

With many thanks.

Regards

Ruby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland