Author Topic: Casson Kendal and Salford  (Read 2234 times)

Offline ladyholme

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Casson Kendal and Salford
« on: Wednesday 30 April 08 17:51 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me what became of John and Elizabeth Casson?  :-\ They were twins and born 1879 in Kendal. As children they moved to Salford with their parents and other siblings of whom I am also seeking....Mary Parks b.1862, Agnes Eleanor b.1869, and Margaret b.1872. The other children I know about already, but these families I should love to contact. If anyone can help I would be grateful.  ???

Offline Iban Kepala

• I have sadly retired researching my genealogy after 40 years
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Casson Kendal and Salford
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 May 08 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
On the 1891 census RG12/ 3223/ 34/ 17 they are residing at 39 West Craven Street, Ordsall, Salford.
John CASSON, Head, M. 45. Navvy. born Westmorland, Kendal.
Margaret "    WIFE. m. 52.                  "              "                 "
Agnes      "     Dau.  u/m/ 21               "              "                 "
Nancy      "        "       "     18               "              "                 "
Jane        "        "        "     15, Dressmaker.        "                 "
Elizabeth "        "        "     12, Scholar,               "                 "
John        "      son      "     12,     "                      "                 "
Ada         "       dau.    "       8,     "                      "                 "
Will continue to search for later census.
Cheers,
George. 

Offline ladyholme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Casson Kendal and Salford
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 May 08 23:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you George.

Totally my fault and I can only presume my wording wasn't as it should be,  :-[ but I have already got this info...what I was meaning was what happened and where are the families now....quite obviously these particular people have long since gone, but they must have had children/grandchildren and I would love to find them... It seems strange that they have totally disappeared because I do know that Margaret married (don't know who she married) and had children, this also applies to Elizabeth, though I know now that she married James Burns. John I believe married Mary Richardson....although in his case I don't yet know if there were any children. I still know absolutely nothing about Mary Park or her half sister Agnes Eleanor Casson other than what is on the census forms. It would be lovely to hear from any of the members of these families, so if anyone out there knows them, please tell them that I am searching for them..... Thanks George, your help is always appreciated. Lyn