Author Topic: Pre-1855 Death Exercises  (Read 28853 times)

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-1855 Death Exercises
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 02:25 BST (UK) »

Hello young Matt,

Nice to hear from you again. Glad that you are finding the work carried out by DDJJake, Sancti, Norrie G and I of some use to you. Having a look at other queries of yours right now.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Tom.

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-1855 Death Exercises
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 03:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Reaybo M,

Well-said by trish251 and DDJJake.

I'd just add two comments:

1. The direct link to FreeCEN (it's particularly good for the 1841 census for certain parts of Scotland including Fife) is:
http://freecen.rootsweb.com/

2. A RootsChat search will find lots of information on various genealogical programs.  They are all fairly good (just as most cars are fairly good these days).  So, just as with cars, the real question is which one suits your needs, capabilities, and budget!  I use TMG (The Master Genealogist) which is probably as powerful a genie program as there is - but it's not for everybody.

However, I note that you are a very experienced RootsChat poster and I deduce from your posts that you are an experienced and capable genealogist - not in need of the advice we are giving  :)

I would recommend that, if you have any specific queries or particular brickwalls, that you open a new thread for them.  That might get the attention of all those RootsChatters out there who are very skilled at knocking down brickwalls and who are champing at the bit for another challenge.  ;D

Very best wishes,

JAP