Author Topic: Intestate Will 1930's  (Read 1530 times)

Offline itwoznotme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Intestate Will 1930's
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 May 08 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hello to all,

Looking at previous post I think Valda was right and that James Clark Died as this in Islington' great response from Dillybert and many thanks to casalguidi for the London Gazette....
still a bit of a mystery about were he was between 1891 to 1901 reguarding Census Information also now we have found out there was a probate order on his estate were would I get the outcome?

many thanks again
Smallcalder, Schmalcalder, Selby, Davies, Reynolds, Clark, Corgan

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Intestate Will 1930's
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 May 08 18:08 BST (UK) »
The will and adminsitration index is held at High Holborn or you could ask for a search. It is also on microfiche (up to 1946) at The National Archives. Order from the address given on this website.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/civil/probate/index.htm

You might want to check whether there were any further administrations taken out after the initial one in 1931. However other than the addresses of the three people who took out the administration (and their relationship to the deceased which you already know) and the estimated size of the estate, the administration is unlikely to tell you much more than you already know.

The outcome of any court case that followed will be more difficult to track but as I said if the estate was sizeable enough the local Islington (I think Gazette) may have followed it.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk