Author Topic: Barnet rosenthal - tailor  (Read 893 times)

Offline quiffdo

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barnet rosenthal - tailor
« on: Monday 05 May 08 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hello all

I was just wondering if anybody could please help me narrow down when my Barnet Rosenthal came over from russia to england and what census he shows up on.
I have him on the 1891 census with his wife Rebecca, father Israel and kids Ettie, Samuel and Wolfe.

Any help would be great

Danny
wilson,mckenna,rice,murphy,whelan,gerrity,walsh
gerraighty

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet rosenthal - tailor
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 08 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hmmmmm......

Danny, I can't see the Rosenthal's on any censuses prior to 1891.  Obviously they were in England by 1887 at the latest as Ettie was born then in Leeds.  I'm breaking every geneology rule by assuming but sometimes you have to work on hunches.... Therefore, I assume Ettie was their first child as Barnet and Rebecca would have only been 20/21 when she was born.  I would also assume that they may have married within 2 years prior to Etties birth so approx 1865/66.  I cannot see their marriage in England either so then must have married in Russia and emigrated between that and Etties birth.

The census indicates Ettie was born in Leeds, however I cannot find her birth on FreeBMD and bloody ancestry seems to be on a go slow, when that speeds up I'll check the births on there.

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline quiffdo

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet rosenthal - tailor
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 May 08 22:15 BST (UK) »
Cheers for the advice Legs, ill check yorkshire bmd an see if i can find her birth.

Danny
wilson,mckenna,rice,murphy,whelan,gerrity,walsh
gerraighty