Author Topic: Kent Assizes Lookup 1834 - DAMMERY  (Read 3848 times)

Offline glensmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kent Assizes Lookup 1834 - DAMMERY
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 February 14 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi As you probably know our Andrew was a convict so to make a connection we would have to go back to England.It is possible that his parents were John Dammery and Elizabeth Brown, His siblings were Ann Elizabeth, Robert Charles and Charles. These names were all used by Andrew for his own children. These parents were married at St. Mary the Virgin church of England Dover. the children were baptized [I think] at Dover, Cuxton. Strood and Frinsbury. I was given this information and so cannot verify it. I will look for myself to see if there is anything new to be found.
Please feel free to stay in contact.
glensmum

Offline Emma Post

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 August 16 21:17 BST (UK) »
This particular Demmery Family i am researching now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a descendant of Robert Demmery, one of the sons of Andrew Demmery and Jane Fowler. Not sure how we can exchange information on here as im only new to this site.

Offline Emma Post

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 August 16 16:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, Yes I did know that both Jane and Andrew were convicts. I believe Jane's father Nicholas was also a convict? Do you know much about them? In Australia I wondered if Occupations were known or if they owned property etc? So far I have managed to source a Death Certificate for Jane and found some dates for births, deaths and marriage.

Emma