Author Topic: Westwater's of Fife.  (Read 29935 times)

Offline teadealer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Westwater's of Fife.
« Reply #36 on: Monday 28 July 08 07:35 BST (UK) »
Hi
I noticed that one Westwater married an Agnes Birrell,she would'nt be related to a Katherine Birrell from Easter Anstruther who married in 1680 to a King,her parents were Robert and Ewphame.
Peter

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 28 July 08 10:00 BST (UK) »

Hi "teadealer",

It's really nice to hear from you and see that you have an interest in the Westwater's of Fife. Strange that you should raise Anstruther Easter in your posting because that is exactly what I was going to write about in my next posting!

Getting back to your connection. Yes, I am aware of a marriage of Katharine BIRRELL to a John KING at Anstruther Easter on the 16th of July, 1680 but decided to confirm my records by going on to ScotlandsPeople where I performed a Search on your behalf. This is the confirmation:

Your OPR Banns & Marriages:

16/07/1680  KING, John - Katharine BIRRELL/FR283  Anstruther Easter  /FIFE
402/0010 0426.

That puts us on a good foundation for an examination of this branch of the family. Please continue to follow me as I progress through other searches using the resources available to me.

I sincerely hope that you will enjoy reading my postings, and I will do everything that I can to help you out.

My best wishes to you and yours.

Tom.

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 28 July 08 10:21 BST (UK) »

Hi!

George WESTWATER, a Wright, was born about 1677 and married about 30 years later on 7th March, 1707 at Anstruther Easter. I have confirmed the marriage details on ScotlandsPeople. This is what I see:

07/03/1707  WESTWATER, George - Barbara IRELAND/FR427  Anstruther Easter  /FIFE  402/0020 - 0229

George married Barbara IRELAND (sometimes spelt IRLAND), who was the daughter of James and Margaret IRELAND (?IRLAND). Barbara had been born on 5th September, 1682 at Anstruther Easter.

I did a very quick search for the children of this couple and again, used ScotlandsPeople. I will not go too deeply into each childs record, but to show that the records do indeed exist, I will show you the detail for the first child, Margaret WESTWATER:

21/12/1707  WESTWATER, Margaret  George Westwater/Barbara Ireland FR316  Anstruther Easter  /FIFE

Elizabeth WESTWATER ch. 31st July, 1709 at Anstruther Easter.
Jean WESTWATER chr. 25th March, 1711 at Anstruther Easter.
Katherin WESTWATER chr. 4th April, 1714 at Anstruther Easter.
George Westwater chr. 23rd October, 1720 at Anstruther Easter.
Helen WESTWATER chr. 14th April, 1723 at Anstruther Easter.
Barbara WESTWATER chr. 14th April, 1723 at Anstruther Easter.

There are also Death Records available for George Westwater, born/chr. 23rd Oct, 1720, who died on 14th February, 1759, aged 39 and Barbara Westwater, born/chr. 14th April, 1723. who died on 23rd October, 1761 at the age of 38.

Again, I hope that the above information will be of assistance to other researchers and give them as much pleasure as I had in compiling it.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Tom.

Offline teadealer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 28 July 08 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

I look forward to your postings,I never really followed any of the branches of my tree of that particular time,but,youv'e made it interesting.
Thanks
Peter

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 28 July 08 10:53 BST (UK) »

Hi Peter,

Very many thanks for your kindness in responding so quickly. That's greatly appreciated. I will continue with my work and be in touch with you again.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Tom.