Author Topic: Archibald Andrew Rennie  (Read 6947 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Andrew Rennie
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 June 08 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Silvery  :)

Yep, just come across the date from the other posts that mjmcara has running on another forum....
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 June 08 21:47 BST (UK) »
Well the more the merrier!  Doesn't harm.  Glad mjmcara kept the same name, we can keep up with developments   :)

I think the marriage cert is the only way to go.  And to trace back to try and link the the earlier Rennie men. 
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 June 08 21:53 BST (UK) »
Agree  :) I'm just glad that he didn't have an army marriage abroad...that would have just been toooo hard to locate!

Offline mjmcara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 June 08 21:58 BST (UK) »
Monica/Silvery, Thank you. I appreciate you interest in my family research. when I started i did not have much more then my grandmothers maiden name Georgina Rennie. I first found the family on the 1901 census. I later recieved my grandparents marriage certificate Rennie/McAra the name McAra is mispelled as Macara on the certificate. On that marriage certificate my grandmothers fathers name is Archibald Andrew Rennie.
Hoping to find as much help as possible i have left messages on several boards the only ones I have recived help is here and two others:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhistory/F2233810?thread=5343376&skip=40&show=20

McAra, Lewis, Rennie, McGann, Corby, Waring, McArdle, Conway.

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 June 08 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi there mjmcara,   do you know, I really suspect we are all joined up to the same forums, although I haven't posted on familytreeforum for a while, great researchers on there as well as here and the bbc.  I'm not  a patch on them!  And I'm learning from them all the time. 

I will be interested to see how it all goes, and if you can make a link to the picture.  If it can be done, you are in the right places to do it!  Only trouble now is, you'll have to do all your posts in triplicate  ;D ;D ;D
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline mjmcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 14:44 BST (UK) »
 Thank you Silvery. I’m waiting on the marriage certificate for Rennie/McGann and death certificate for Archibald Andrew Rennie.
Margaret Sophia Rennie b1882 Dover Kent. It is believed Margaret became a nun.
 1901 census she is 18 single living at home. Civil Parish Erith, Ecclesiastical Parish All Saints, Urban District Erith, Parliamentary Borough Dartford, Village Belvedere. If this is true would anyone know the Catholic Churches in the area and would they have any references?

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi mjmcara

In respect of Margaret and possible records that may exist, I would in your position go through the Archdiocese of Southwark rather than the local churches (I'm sure the boundaries of the Archdiocese have changed over the years, but it now covers the area where the family lived) see www.rcsouthwark.co.uk

The Catholic Church keep a wealth of records historically, it is just a question of access and knowing where to look. I recently went hunting for a baptism certificate for me - don't ask, a long story.... I was baptised in Mexico City and on speaking to the parish priest there to request my certificate I was amazed to find how much information they had on record for me at the church from later years, marriage etc. which all took place in London.

I am certain that somewhere they will have historical records of all nuns and priests - the question is how and where you access this info. Hopefully the Archdiocese will be able to assist.

Monica  :)

Offline mjmcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 22:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you Monica, I just now sent an email to Southwark Archdiocese and a second query to Erith, Our Lady of the Angels Church. I will keep you informed as to the reply.

Mike