Author Topic: Lane family from Hedge End, Botley Hampshire  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Minnieccat

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Lane family from Hedge End, Botley Hampshire
« on: Tuesday 18 January 05 17:36 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in the surname of Lane. They orginally came from Hedge End and were involved in the building of Hedge End Baptist Church.  They are connected to the Abram/Abraham surname, Joseph married Mary Abraham 17 Dec 1804.  Parents were John Lane and Sarahnee Briggs. Lanes were apparently Roundheads but I don't know the evidence for this.   I have found Joseph on 1841 census at Hedge End but not their son Joseph who married Amelia.  My Gt Grandfather was born in 1855 at Basingstoke.  Other children of Joseph and Amelia were Gelesby, Mercy, Austin Cornelius, Ernest and Theodore. Any information gratefully received.  Walter Wilson was in the Hampshire Regiment and then became a railway signalman.  He married Emma nee Reynolds in Norfolk in 1886.
Franklin, Maish/Marsh from Dorset then London,Simons/Symonds and varients from Kiddington, Oxfordshire, Hanks from Stonesfield, Leach from Brighton, Smith from Brighton & Henley, Oxfordshire, Fakes/Feakes @ Wells from Suffolk, Lane from Botley & Basingstoke,  Reynolds from Norfolk, Douglass from Bethnal Green, later in Reading and Barnes/Richmond Surrey, Sibley from Hillingon @ Hayes Middx, Tansell @ Watton