Author Topic: Briers - Leeds  (Read 966 times)

Offline jasmi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Briers - Leeds
« on: Thursday 15 May 08 19:51 BST (UK) »
I believe my father Charlie Brier Carpenter had a half-sister Elsie Brier, who married William Dockerty in 1922.  Anyone with any connections out there?

Other names are Kendall, and areas are Pudsey, stanningley, Kirkstall, Sowerby Bridge, Wortley and Bramley

Can anyone suggest how to trace who owned a particular premises at any particular time.  Would there be documents to view in local libraries or such?

Thanks

Janette

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
Re: Briers - Leeds
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Janette,

Do you have specific addresses you want checking because that can probably done with the electoral registers at Leeds Library.  I am not  sure that they would cover Sowery Bridge though, would have to check. 

I am happy to have a look at those for you if you let me have the details.

Best wishes,

Elin

Foxwell (Wotton Under Edge and South Wales), Howell (Stroud & Wotton Under Edge), Jones (South Wales) Merrigan (Liverpool), Kelly (Liverpool) Titley (Lincolnshire and Staffordshire)  Hellier (Somerset and Monmouthshire)           All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Warren1975

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Briers - Leeds (Gallacher ; Ayrshire - really)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 00:33 BST (UK) »

Hi Janette

I have seen comments you've made about genealogy on the internet.

I think you may have asked about Daniel Warrington Gallacher and the book of poems he wrote, on the Ayrshire History website, sometime ago.

Someone else has recently been enquiring about it and so that's why I'm trying to contact you again about it.

Can you tell me please if you were interested in finding out about this before, and if so why you are interested ?

Thanks,
Warren