Author Topic: Osborne and Gumble Family  (Read 29115 times)

Offline king otg

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Osborne and Gumble Family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Second Part
Familysearch offers several similar names at Wisborough Green SX of which I checked the last two because they could provide occupations. ‘Labourer’ is not strong evidence, however, the first of the following shows William GUMBLE coming from Worth which is about 15 miles to the east of Wisborough Green. A baptism for James, son of William and Ruth, woud prove a possible connection to the following:

GUMBLE:
KT.GRN Charlton St Luke bp18/5/1828 (b8/5) Eleanor d/o William/Ruth, tramper of Worth SX

W.SX Wisborough Green bp29/4/1798 Ruth d/o Henry/Ruth [Ø]

W.SX Wisborough Green bp14/9/1800 (b21/8) Susannah d/o Henry/Ruth [GAMBLE sic] [Ø]

W.SX Wisborough Green bp27/6/1802 (b19/6) William s/o Henry/Ruth [Ø]

W.SX Wisborough Green bp17/3/1805 (b10/11) Henry s/o Henry/Ruth [Ø]

W.SX Wisborough Green bp17/9/1809 John s/o Henry/Ruth [Ø]

W.SX Wisborough Green bp21/2/1813 (b8/1) James s/o Henry/Ruth, lab

W.SX Wisborough Green bp13/8/1815 (b25/7) Mary d/o Henry/Ruth, lab

TL

Offline king otg

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Here are some OSBORNEs which may be useful:

EX Tolleshunt Darcy bp30/5/1824 Eliza d/o Thomas/Alice OSBORNE, hkr of the psh of Kingsworth HRT [added:] St Alban

W.KT Ruckinge bp24/10/1829 Whilemena d/o Spain/Mary OSBORNE, lab of R

LIN Grantham St Wulfram m27/1/1834 Moses HERRING = Sarah OSBOURNE, bsotp

NTS Towcester bp19/2/1773 David s/o David/Harriet OSBORNE, strolling players

NTS Wittering bp17/4/1835 Uraniah d/o Moses/Betsy, trav’g gypsies (of BDF) [OSBORN sic]

YKS.NLN Ingleton bp5/2/1871 Caroline Annie d/o Mark/Annie OSBORNE, hrs.kpr of I.

EX Chelmsford Borough Cemetery Gr: Hubert OSBORNE b10/7/1919 d22/8/2000 (81)

EX Chelmsford Borough Cemetery Gr: William Percy OSBORN (1919-2003)

EX Chelmsford Borough Cemetery Ivy Gladys OSBORNE (1919-2000)

SRY Chertsey br15/10/1809 Sarah [née OSBORNE] w/o Daniel BARNES, hkr & pedlar [Ø]

1891EX-1350/83/53 George OSBORNE (50) showman, Ester (49) +4

TL

Offline lila25

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 27 December 12 21:41 GMT (UK) »
hi noticed alot of names in those dates wich are my granny granfarther and great uncles n aunts etc.... does anyone now were the gumbles came from , alot of us are very dark skined so our we from abroad ? does any1 have any pictures ? im new to this  :-\

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 28 December 12 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Just saw the name Osbourne...I have two different 'sets' of Osbournes Lincolnshire and Rutland and just skimming through your answers noticed the A1 mentioned so the A1 passes both places, don't think 'mine' had any traveller connections though, but you never know.

Another 'resource' you may be able to use is http://familytimeline.webs.com/apps/links/ it has a whole section of links to family history of travelling families which may save you time searching. :o
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Chloegumble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 July 16 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hi  new and just found this website and chat I'm a Gumble was raised in Wandsworth earlsfield area my grandad is James Gumble just wondering if anyone is still active on here and possibly related to anyone

Offline Linda humble

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
John jack gumble
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 07 August 16 19:59 BST (UK) »
My name is Linda June gumble my grandfather is Levi gumble his father is john jack gumble I was wondering if anybody had a picture of john jack gumble or his eldest son john gumble , I have a picture of one of them but I don't no which one it is the website will not let me put the picture on , if anyone has any info please get in touch

Offline Gordon Davis-Day

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 25 August 16 07:42 BST (UK) »
My name is Linda June Gumble my grandfather is Levi Gumble his father is john 'jack' Gumble I was wondering if anybody had a picture of john jack Gumble or his eldest son john Gumble , I have a picture of one of them but I don't know which one it is the website will not let me put the picture on , if anyone has any info please get in touch
HI Linda, do you not have contact with the family in Essex, if not I have contact with some of them via my Facebook. I also have a family group that you will be able to ask questions to family members, in the 26 yrs of doing our family all the John Gumble's referred to themselves as John 'Jack' Gumble. I have a family tree that may add some new members of the family to yours as well if you have one?

Gordon

Offline Steve Mason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 08:05 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather Wally Mason lived in Wardley street with my father who was also named Wally. My uncle (dads brother ) was named George.My grandmother Lavinia came from a travelling background...her maiden name was Marney...dad used to mention Henry Gumble but I would like to find out more as all the Masons mentioned above are sadley no longer with us.

Offline Gordon Davis-Day

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,
            I am descended from the Gumble's of Wardley Street and in fact, my great great uncle Thomas Gumble married a Mary Emily Mason (1919-1990), she later married his and my great grandfather's nephew Henry Gumble (1921-1996) this maybe the Henry Gumble that you speak of. I happy to say that I am in contact with the cousins via Facebook and I believe they have contact with some Mason's too. I have added a link for my Facebook or if you are a member of the Romany Heritage Family History group on Facebook you will find me in there.

https://www.facebook.com/gordon.davisday.3

My grandfather Wally Mason lived in Wardley street with my father who was also named Wally. My uncle (dads brother ) was named George.My grandmother Lavinia came from a travelling background...her maiden name was Marney...dad used to mention Henry Gumble but I would like to find out more as all the Masons mentioned above are sadly no longer with us.